I am Humbled

A shame the postage is a killer, had a few folks interested from the US but this seems the common stumbling block. It really is an outstanding kit, and took me some time and patience to piece together. I fear I'll miss the outputs - as nothing when you get it right really comes close to the Foveon outputs. But again, I too have too much kit and must be true to myself and recognise the fact that I'll never be without a dSLR - just for the sheer fact of the macro and long lens options. So I'm going to consolidate the dSLR kit.

The 'offending' lens in question, and I have chased after her for so long, is the Pentax FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited. It is a legend in Pentax circles and I am struck by its rendering and 46mm focal length. Also if Pentax ever releases a full-frame body (not likely), or I grab a film body (more likely) then the 31mm FL will suit me just nicely. It just does seems my best fit go-to lens.

Glad for your offer of support. If you can give me a little time to get my kit together then we'll talk about logistics with hosting this challenge. Happy to speak to the Mods to get it running here, or at least host a presence here with a link back to a Flickr Group? Again, maybe a fortnight or so?

Honestly I have no idea what postage would run, having only ever mailed to the UK from Texas.
The FA31 is Legendary! Superb choice if one can be found.
Take all the time you need, I am just getting my DSLR "Sea-Legs" back, LOL

Vince it is my honor to bring these two photographers to you alls attention.
I have been following your GAS thread with interest

Thanks Lili, I soon hope to post some photos of my past month or two since i starting GAS battling lol - unfortunately I did have do make one purchase for a once in a life time football match (Gary Neville's Testimonial match, Manchester United vs Juventus match last month):tongue: it was a 50-200mm kit zoom as I have nothing longer than 70mm. Apart from that, I think i've got my GAS all under control ;)

Thanks Lili, I soon hope to post some photos of my past month or two since i starting GAS battling lol - unfortunately I did have do make one purchase for a once in a life time football match (Gary Neville's Testimonial match, Manchester United vs Juventus match last month):tongue: it was a 50-200mm kit zoom as I have nothing longer than 70mm. Apart from that, I think i've got my GAS all under control ;)

Vince, looking at your signature with that lens you are pretty much covered!
For my Oly DLSR I have the 14-42, 40-150, 70-300, 35mm Macro and the 25mm Pancake.
Plus a back up e410 body.
I iz Camera Hoarder!!!!

haha thanks Lilly, my signature's out of date though... it should be: K-5, 18-55, 17-70mm macro, 21LTD and Sigma 30mm 1.4...

I know, i know... shame on me for selling my FA31mm Limited... and then replacing it with a Sigma 30mm 1.4! haha ;-) I felt my skills didn't really live up to the FA31 which is too pricey, so replaced it with the Sigma at 1/3 of the FA31's price. Selling the FA31mm let me get the 21, and I have to admit I've also got the DA40 planned, because the DA 21 and 40 are both small, lightweight and discreet - perfect for street.

So pretty much, I've stuck to what I said in my GAS thread plus the Sigma 30mm 1.4 :)

haha thanks Lilly, my signature's out of date though... it should be: K-5, 18-55, 17-70mm macro, 21LTD and Sigma 30mm 1.4...

I know, i know... shame on me for selling my FA31mm Limited... and then replacing it with a Sigma 30mm 1.4! haha ;-) I felt my skills didn't really live up to the FA31 which is too pricey, so replaced it with the Sigma at 1/3 of the FA31's price. Selling the FA31mm let me get the 21, and I have to admit I've also got the DA40 planned, because the DA 21 and 40 are both small, lightweight and discreet - perfect for street.

So pretty much, I've stuck to what I said in my GAS thread plus the Sigma 30mm 1.4 :)

Ahhhhh, i will admit the DA 21 nd 40 are more to my taste, I prefer the pancakes as low-key, non-threatening lenses.

Back