Sony I can't stop using Sony's "picture effects" (share yours, too!)

I do love the slight irony that images generated by these cameras, with their amazing sensors capable of rendering quite incredible levels of detail, are being manipulated to give almost no detail at all ... :D

Illustration mode

Attachments

• DSC00086.jpg
    DSC00086.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 220
Ray, thanks for the warning. I understand the inherent risks of the filter love/hate flip-flop. It's why I HATE that Sony doesn't allow the use of JPEG + RAW with the filter effects. I recently rebought an E-P1 because I have a few shots that are my all-time favorites and were shot with the grainy b/w filter.

Now where did I leave that tube of modeling glue?:alcoholic: (the drunk smilie will have to suffice......I couldn't find one for "high on glue")

I think for these situations.... I'm just going to get an Eye-Fi card and send the "raw" to my phone, edit it with snapseed, and then send it where it needs to go.

I love the idea of the filters, for spurring creativity, and I haven't played w/ the RX100's yet. But I tend to avoid them. I might continue to do so if it takes away from the shooting. Of course, if I'm just having fun for a bit, who cares. I guess the main scenario I see them for is taking a cute/silly/fun picture w/ a filter, and uploading it to facebook.

So far I'm not a fan of the B&W contrast that Sony used for its filter so far. I'll definitely be editing color shots down on my own.

I am really looking forward to seeing what I can do with an eye-fi card + Snapseed (or photoshop touch).

Back