I didn't believe it

nippa

Top Veteran
Real Name
Dennis
Just to the North of Notre Dame Paris we found this little bar and stopped for a drink.
The Wisteria was real but all those lovely roses were fake

8731368349_2ed67b40b9_b.jpg

I took 3 cameras with me - the G1X ,X100 and RX100.
I'm still trying to understand why most of my keepers came from the tiny RX100

nippa

Top Veteran
Real Name
Dennis
8733341004_c0aab01e03_b.jpg

This is another RX100 shot from the top of the Arc de Triomphe
I took the same shot with the G1X but I preferred this version.
Again I didn't expect or believe the RX100 to outgun my G1X ; I must have got the G1X wrong somehow!

OFF TOPIC
If you're going to Paris please do your homework on how the Pickpockets work in the Metro , Louvre and Sacre Coeur. Keep well away from anyone with a clipboard , shake no hands and ignore any spills.
I was targeted in the Metro but managed to foil the attack ( by a pretty young girl) as another traveller spotted her first attempt to unzip my wallet pocket.
Meanwhile ,my son foiled a Black Man's attempt to remove his phone from a pocket some time later. Most of the thieves are from 10-18 years of age and are from Eastern Europe.
And I thought that Barcelona was bad but Paris is just unacceptable now:(

nippa

Top Veteran
Real Name
Dennis
Sorry about that. It relates to the use of a filter often mentioned in these forums.

I used the desktop version of Nik Software's Snapseed program.

One of the features of Nik Software ( Color Efex Pro , Silver efex etc ) is the ability to add filters selectively by adding Control Points to the image.
I just added a control point over the dark interior and raised the brightness a little , nothing more.

Nik filters can be as easy or complex as you want.
Definitely worth giving them a look or a free trial.

CM_SK

Regular
Wow, what are the chances that several SC members are in Paris in the same time? (actually pretty good I suppose) Nice shot of this bar; the long shot reminded me that the light was often grey/flat while I was there up till May 13. You have prompted me to add a couple more to my Paris images thread now that I'm home and can tweak some a bit more.

Good advice BTW re. thieves; they are also prevalent on the pedestrian bridges over the Seine. But I did see some police on roller blades apprehending two of these young women and dumping their backpacks out.... so they seem to be trying to cut the pickpocket frequency.