• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Pentax I didn't need a K5 and I also didn't need a 40mm lens.....

Harry Cutts

Regular
Jun 6, 2017
Huddersfield UK
Time to resurrect this thread I guess. I have been a huge Pentax fan for more than 40 years and have had several film bodies (MX, LX twice, along with the ME super which I hated)
before going digital with the K10D and then a K200D. I then bought into M4/3 in a big way and still love the EVF for the WYSIWYG.
Anyway I decided that I needed (OK wanted) another Pentax and found a good deal on the K5 body with 18-55 WR lens. It is not the best lens in the world but at least I can take it out in the rain. I also bought a Pentax 'A' 50mm f1.7 which is really sharp, and I have just ordered a Sigma 17-70 f2.8/4.0 (I thought this would give me a little more reach than the 17-50 f2.8)

To sum up, I didn't really need another camera but hey, it's almost Christmas :)

Jan 7, 2013
Cheshire, England
Time to resurrect this thread I guess. I have been a huge Pentax fan for more than 40 years and have had several film bodies (MX, LX twice, along with the ME super which I hated)
before going digital with the K10D and then a K200D. I then bought into M4/3 in a big way and still love the EVF for the WYSIWYG.
Anyway I decided that I needed (OK wanted) another Pentax and found a good deal on the K5 body with 18-55 WR lens. It is not the best lens in the world but at least I can take it out in the rain. I also bought a Pentax 'A' 50mm f1.7 which is really sharp, and I have just ordered a Sigma 17-70 f2.8/4.0 (I thought this would give me a little more reach than the 17-50 f2.8)

To sum up, I didn't really need another camera but hey, it's almost Christmas :)
The Sigma 17-70 is a great lens! If I had enough money I'd also get another Pentax SLR. Ideally a KP but that might be stretching my lottery win too far (especially as a lucky dip is all I seem to win these days).

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom