I feel a Saga unfolding ...

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
... as I try to get my latest ebay purchase sorted.

My GAS has been bubbling away to add a small MILC to my pair of fixed lens cameras. Been looking at twin lens kits and put unsuccessful offers on a Nikon 1 J5, a Pen E-PL5 and a Pen E-P3 plus a new E-PL8 (unwanted prize). Of course I was reading all the reviews and researching extra lenses, flash, evf and cases etc.

I had given up as they were all in the $AU400-500 range when I spotted an E-P3 twin lens kit with a VF-3 electronic viewfinder for $299 and with 15 minutes left for a 10% ebay discount I paid $269 + post.

On reviewing my purchase I noticed the seller was a 'pawn shop' and the listing was short on detail and stated that the included photos were the 'description'. But the photos only showed the 14-42 lens and not the 40-150, although listed on the original carton, plus no photo of the VF-3.

I messaged the seller for clarification and 2 days later got a reply saying:
Hi there,

It comes as photographed, we are not very familiar with these type of items so i am sorry if it isnt right.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed,

Kind Regards,

I tried to clarify including images of the 40-150 and the VF-3. No reply so I rang the store in Adelaide (2700 km away) and was on hold for 20 mins and gave up. Was unable to get through on two attempts and the ebay feedback suggests they have 'form' in this area.
Will keep you updated. :026:

I loved my E-P3 with that add-on tiltable viewfinder. I loved it so much I bought it three different times. I hope it works out for you, but my guess is that it won't.

FWIW, if you at least get the VF, camera body and the 14-42, I think the price is likely OK....and you can always chase down the 40-150

Back