I feel this forum is now my home - Thank you!

Name
Andy
I have been doing photography as a hobby for over 3 years now and have had all manner of DSLR's and a fair few P&S cameras. I have also been a member of another photography forum and have racked up nearly 4,800 posts!! BUT the DSLR was always a cumbersome beast and i was never 100% happy until Micro 4/3 came along. I am now very happy with the size and performance of my cameras and also finding a forum that just enjoy each others company and images without the constant one up manship and picking technical holes in every image you post.

This is now my home where we can discuss photography in a relaxed and friendly manner and can just enjoy the images posted. SO a big thank you to all members for making this forum so special.:)

What a wonderful way to start my Sunday morning - speaking as a eastern seaboard "colonial" here in the states.

Serious Compacts has become what it is thanks to Amin's generosity in reviving the site, enlarging it and setting the tone in its guidelines and the other integral is us - we the people, the members here who take time to stop in and post our photographs, share our reactions and thoughts, and have not a few laughs in the process. I like the atmosphere here, too, and my thanks to everyone for continuing to help make it the comfortable and interesting place it is. :grouphug:

I have to admit that I do like to read about the "how to" side of things, and have learned quite a bit myself...and, yes, I even enjoy reading about new cameras, too - hence my signature line.:D

Ditto to what everyone has said!! It's so refreshing to have civilized discussions and meet nice folks who are polite and responsive. My best regards to all of you. Just wish I actually lived closer to all of you so that we could all get together over coffee, beer, wine or whatever else, trade stories and share our love for photography!

My home has more comfortable furniture, but this is a nice corner watering hole with fine folks and a nice place to hang out. But I'm an alcoholic and have to stop in to every bar in town to see what's new on tap. So I stop in across the hall and at DPR too because there's even information to be gleaned there also once you sift through all of the fistfights and manage to find the quiet table where the deals get done.

-Ray

Ditto to what everyone has said!! It's so refreshing to have civilized discussions and meet nice folks who are polite and responsive. My best regards to all of you. Just wish I actually lived closer to all of you so that we could all get together over coffee, beer, wine or whatever else, trade stories and share our love for photography!

Now wouldn't that be nice. Maybe if/when I win the Lottery eh!!:D

Back