Despite being a fairly committed Olympus user, I've dabbled with practically every camera system out there - Canon EF, Nikon Z, Sony A7, Fuji X, Panasonic GX/GM, ... But I've never tried Panasonic FF and I'm sort of thinking of giving it a go, just for the hell of it. The S5 can be had at a good price used and I can probably have a play and move it on for little loss if I don't like it. But, for those who have used the S5, I have a few questions that are important to me:
1) Can I setup the liveview (EVF and rear screen) to show over/under exposure indicators ("blinkies", "zebras" etc)?
2) Can I setup the dials (in A mode) with f-stop on the front dial and exp comp on the rear?
3) Is there an equiv of the Olympus LiveTime or LiveComp features?
4) What's the max FPS using electronic shutter?
5) Can I set up a custom mode to do a fast 5-stop bracket (-2, -1, 0, +1, +2) with the electronic shutter?
6) What starter lens might you recommend? The 20-60 looks an interesting option since I do like wide-normal.
3) Live comp
4) 7 fps S-AF, 5 fps C-AF.
5) Yes. Save settings to C1 etc. Enable bracketing and set burst mode on a dial, save as a custom setting to say C1. Then with the left knob set to single frame, setting C1 will override the left knob and put you in burst mode.
6) I bought the S5 with 50mm f1.8 as a kit with cashback, then sold the 50mm on ebay and bought an ex demo Sigma Art 24-70 f2.8. It's a heavy but beautiful lens, but I've got my MFT kit at the moment if I want to travel light. Also picked up a smallrig l-bracket for next to nothing (compared to RRS!) which is an excellent fit to the camera.