I guess this was inevitable.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
"Harley-Davidson has issued a recall for Livewire models built between March 18, 2019 and August 20, 2020, because of a software fault with the On-Board Charging (OBC) System that can shut off the motorcycle without warning. In some cases, the motorcycle could not be restarted, or if they could, they would shut off soon after."

Kevin, you could retire to work at an HD dealership. I bet you'd look great in dew-rag.

When working in Kuwait a few years ago, a biker colleague wanted to visit the local Harley Davidson store to pick up a T-shirt or suchlike as a souvenir, and I tagged along. We jumped in a taxi one evening and said "Harley Davidson" to the driver, as clearly as we could. They don't seem to have regular street names and numbers in Kuwait, but he seemed to understand and off we went. We drove around a bit and eventually parked up outside a hotel, with no sign of a motorcycle store nearby.

"Harley Davidson?" we enquired.

"Hollydaysonin!" said the driver, gesturing at the hotel reception.

He had taken us to the Holiday Inn in Kuwait City, where we had a lovely non-alcoholic drink before going back to our own hotel. We never did find the Harley Davidson store.

-R

When working in Kuwait a few years ago, a biker colleague wanted to visit the local Harley Davidson store to pick up a T-shirt or suchlike as a souvenir, and I tagged along. We jumped in a taxi one evening and said "Harley Davidson" to the driver, as clearly as we could. They don't seem to have regular street names and numbers in Kuwait, but he seemed to understand and off we went. We drove around a bit and eventually parked up outside a hotel, with no sign of a motorcycle store nearby.

"Harley Davidson?" we enquired.

"Hollydaysonin!" said the driver, gesturing at the hotel reception.

He had taken us to the Holiday Inn in Kuwait City, where we had a lovely non-alcoholic drink before going back to our own hotel. We never did find the Harley Davidson store.

-R
That is hilarious! Somehow I don't see H-D fitting with the Kuwaiti "vibe". That vibe is so classy and refined. H-D seems so earthy and casual. Maybe it fits under the "best of everything" compartment. Iconic, one-of-a-kind.

Back