I had a GAS attack...

Those are great, Kristen.

But... I think the Pentax Q is smaller than that pendant, and you can change lenses. Sorry, just have to point that out.

Armando here is the Camera Charm from Fossil :p ..

Bill, you could probably clip the Fossil charm to a keychain if you were serious [btw it is a little leathery skin on it].. Betsey Johnson doesn't have a keychain. I guess there is a bracelet too though,more charms, different style, black crystals all over the camera.

Kyle I saw that camera kit it was soooooo cute. Tiny even for my girl hands. Seriously I would wear that itty bitty thing around my neck. A bit expensive for jewelry though and not that best in iq I hear.

Kyle I saw that camera kit it was soooooo cute. Tiny even for my girl hands. Seriously I would wear that itty bitty thing around my neck. A bit expensive for jewelry though and not that best in iq I hear.

:D

I have to make a confession (inspired by Ray's podcast confession, but this will be much, much darker)....

I bought a Q during the Amazon lightning deal (think it was $450). :eek:

I was looking for a super compact for my wife, something with a built-in flash, as my wife wasn't taking her E-PL3 out that much and, when she did, usually she left the flash at home (external). I had been scouting for a discount S95 for a couple months when that lightning deal for the Q came up.

The funny thing was, when we opened the box, I was the one that was like "awwwwww, how cute!" My wife preferred the looks of her red E-PL3 with Gordy strap. But, so far, it has been a good purchase. She takes it out much more often than she did the Oly and the images are pretty good, with the fast-ish prime and big DoF helping out on her indoor family pics, etc.

Hijacking thread now ... what color did you get Kyle?

I thought about getting one for my fiancé as well. Over Christmas, I got her a purple EPM1 (in sale at Best Buy), a black GF3 (lightning sale on Amazon) and a purple Canon HS200 or something like that (on sale at Best Buy). Ended up returning them all as she still likes my Canon S90 that she's been "borrowing."

[yup, sorry for the hijack, Kristen!]

Hey, Armando. The choices were black or black for the lightning deal. :) But... I kinda think she would have liked the white better and I would have went that way if it was an option.

I probably should have waited for a S90 or S95 to pop up (slimmer, zoom lens, a bit better at high ISO). I rationalized the Q with prime based on most of her pictures being family candids... also, definitely has some fun/cute factor going, especially when you pop up that flash. It's like something out of WALL-E.

Back