I hate PC's!!!

I understand. Just to be clear though, I never said those words which quoting explicitly says I did. Those are your words, not mine.

Also, there is a keyword here, historically. You are taking a comment about historic reliability and applying it to a discussion about current reliability. Apple reliability was historically quite bad compared to the industry average. Now it's in the middle of the pack with the PCs. Which make sense since it is a PC.

At https://www.photographerslounge.org/f32/i-hate-pcs-9517/index2.html#post78836 you said "The industry average is 5%. Historically, Macs are 4 times more unrealiable than PCs."

Your words not mine. I don't have anywhere else to go with that. :rolleyes:

Yes, there are different types. Your very answer above is one reason why I'm no longer in PCs! My brother is an HP engineer, and he always gave answers that made my head spin, when I asked him what was wrong with my PC, lol. My brother in law, an embedded systems engineer, even hates GUIs. He thinks anyone who can't work off a command line is an idiot. That was always the level of support I seemed to receive around my PCs, including from the corporate help desk. Macs at least I can understand on my own. I guess I am "the rest of you" but I'm OK with that ;)

I did my own GUI's in FORTRAN and Assembly, in the 80s. Wrote code to support two graphics cards on one machine. One was the point/click command interface and the other was card was for color images. Even interfaced two computers via the parallel port to share the load. Did computer animation using a virtual memory driver under DOS., mapped images on disk into display memory. AAAhhhh the 1980s, the good old days. Well, in fact was doing code not too different from that this week. I love writing code.

Your brother or brother-in-law looking for a job? Some "Assembly" required.

Sue, did you run Windows 7 when you had BSODs? For me, a lot of the disadvantages of Windows disappeared when Win7 came out. I really find it that much better than previous versions of Windows. The only application that's giving me issues on Windows 7 is made by.... Apple ("resourcehog" iTunes).

LOL no. I gave up on Windows at XP which I detested in any case. I run Windows 7 on a netbook (dual booting with Ubuntu) and I agree, its much more stable and easy to use. Nonetheless, the point I was making was in the area of mac reliability and that was that in the years since I have had a mac, only 4-5 KPs is pretty damned good (and all bar one of them were actually on my emac. one was because the RAM was dustcovered and needed a clean, one was because one of the RAM modules was dead, and two because I didnt get that my Airport extreme card was dead, too.). The most recent was just yesterday when I was installing the latest Mountain Lion seed. It just didnt want to deal with my MBP, but capitulated on reboot.

Ahh! The mac vs pc debate is still alive and well i see :)

I have had macs for over 8 years, not long in some peoples experience but it is in mine, I started with windows machines, then tried linux and so have had multiple operating systems :)

I stay with macs because of their ease of use and reliability and the customer service is second to none. I did have a dodgy iMac delivered not long ago, I rang them and they just sent me a new one as I am in the country and not near a store to get it replaced. I was on the phone for less than 10 mins and that was mainly just confirming my details :)

I had the same problem with a Dell last year as i thought I would give windows a go again and it took me 3 days and a hell of a lot of stress and arguments just to get them to agree there was a problem! So yeah, Apple all the way for customer service!!!

Each to their own I say!!! If you love your PC machine, then cool! if it works for you :) If you love your Mac then awesome! :)

Life is way too short to worry about weather one is better than the other, get out there and take photos!!!!

I did my own GUI's in FORTRAN and Assembly, in the 80s. Wrote code to support two graphics cards on one machine. One was the point/click command interface and the other was card was for color images. Even interfaced two computers via the parallel port to share the load. Did computer animation using a virtual memory driver under DOS., mapped images on disk into display memory. AAAhhhh the 1980s, the good old days. Well, in fact was doing code not too different from that this week. I love writing code.

Your brother or brother-in-law looking for a job? Some "Assembly" required.

I'm actually getting tired of it. I'm writting code for the ECOS operating system. It's basically the same code I wrote 4 years ago for an embedded linux platform. New product, new hardware, new OS, same functionality = same problem to solve, hence, same code.

Back