Sony I joined the RX100 club today!!!!

It was $380 at Best Buy, I couldn't pass it up. Actually, I passed it up 2 days ago but went back for it today. Today was the last day to get the price. Hopefully the long search for a worthy replacement for my trusty TX5 as my travel camera is over.

i haven't seen them discounted more than $50 anywhere.....not that I'm looking. Recently held one and was pretty knocked out by how little is......nice and dense, too. Feels substantial and the photos I see from it are amazing for the sensor size...enjoy your new camera!

$380??? How did that happen?

I said pretty pretty please. ;)

It was marked down to $542. I had a 30% off cameras Staples coupon. I asked if they would take it. They said yes. Ended up being $380 after the coupon. They had 2 when I stopped by the first time. Yesterday they were down to one. Now I kind of wish that I had bought both the first time.

I have played with this camera at the airport (shop) and I really liked it
autofocus is really fast and the camera was very nice to operate

I didn't get a chance to play with it until tonight. Here are my impressions.

1) It's too crazy slippery. I really wished sony had stuck with the finish for the TX5. It's super shiny but it sticks to my hand like glue. I've never even come close to dropping it. They switched to a very similar surface to the RX100 for the TX10. It's far too slippery. There's a wrist strap but I find those fairly useless. The whole point of a pocketable camera is to keep it in your pocket and whip it out quickly. Not take it out, put on the wrist strap and then take a shot. I'm ordering some egrips stickers.

2) It shoots too crazy fast. I tried it on continuous shot mode and I couldn't just take a single shot. I couldn't let go of the shutter fast enough.

3) For a 7 blade iris, it is really really circular. I admired it for minutes. Most 7 blade irises are flat sided. The RX100 aperature is circular from start to finish. I have a lens with 21 blades and the RX100's aperature gives up nothing to it. It's really impressive.

4) I really like this camera. I think I might just sell everything else off except for 1 NEX for MF lenses.

i'm thrilled to have such a great camera at full-bore retail. what a deal you got.

re: slippery - i added the factory leather "eveready" case which i find helps a lot in handling. another option is the $15 stick-on leather "skins" called Gariz LS-RX100BK Genuine Leather Camera Body Skin, that can be found on ebay.

Back