Fuji I just scored an X-M1

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
...I wasn't really planning on doing so, but one came up on eBay sans the lens that I would just have sold on and I was tempted, to press into service as a second (cheaper and less cared about) body. The augurs were good - an auction ending on Saturday afternoon, a seller with 100% relevant feedback, and only one bid so far. I sniped with 20 seconds to go and won it for 204 squids. It arrived yesterday, in the "kit" box. To my surprise the leather halfcase and strap came too - not mentioned in the auction; I don't like the case and I'll set it free again at the weekend to further affray my costs on the deal. :D

First impressions generally favourable, although it is no X-E1 in either handling or build quality. Generally I intend to mate it with the 27mm as a lightweight high quality combination and see how I go. One thing I miss is the viewfinder, but I recognise that it is built to a price and a market. One thing I hate is that ~@:*&%$£@!! articulated screen; I want to just screw it in place to get rid of that feeling of "give" - even just a simple catch would help.

Not sure that Barnack was too keen on being my first subject...
29681679.135eba84.1024.jpg

Raspberry par Lightmancer, on ipernity

Love mine. It's perfect on a tripod for my urbex work, and with the 27mm f/2.8 it's nearly a pocket camera and certainly doesn't attract attention. Great only-camera or a complement to a bigger body.

And don't fret about the build. I've beat the heck out of mine and subjected it to very cold and very hot conditions and it just works. Better than it appears.

Back