I know it's crazy, but I've changed us back to SC

LOL - I was about to drop you a note saying the recent forum UI changes must have also reverted the name - but glad I saw this post first. I kept thinking "Man, I know it was PL before, what the heck..." Long live the forum, whatever it's name may be!

I was also still typing ser... like Luke. I think SC is more recognizable than PL, as there are some other websites out there with very similar names to PL. Still, I do hope we can find a way to make obvious that we also welcome all kinds of dslr users etc.

I always liked the specific product niche suggested by the SeriousCompacts name. The distinct brand identity helps to draw a loyal audience, and I think it also helps to set the tone that the PhotographersLounge name reflected.

There are websites, some run by Amin, for various proprietary camera systems. Some of the users on those sites are so committed, financially and psychically, to their chosen systems that they react badly to any criticism of their own system or any praise for another system.

Compact cameras generally require a smaller investment, so a user is better able to try various brands, and serious compacts are used by photography enthusiasts who are interested in trying new cameras and who take an ecumenical view of the camera market. Also, the cameras themselves are oriented more toward leisure than work (though they are certainly capable of professional use). All these attributes of serious compact cameras and their users encourage the easy-going tone of this board.

I'm the idiot that was too lazy to bookmark the site. For the last two years I have just started typing s-e-r and then letting the auto-complete take over my address bar to get to seriouscompacts.com

I became a luddite around 5 years ago. It's sad that I got old so early in life.
I did the same thing, going to my Serious Compacts bookmark all this time to get to photographers lounge. And then literally within the last month I switched over to an actual PL bookmark after changing some stuff with my browser. Shoulda left well enough alone... The name matters not a bit to me. Liked it before, liked it before that, will like it now...

-Ray

Back