Ricoh I like the GRD more and more

Very nice Sue! I'm really liking this little camera as well. I'm using it for mostly B&W but every now and then some color crawls out of it and, as you're showing, its a very capable camera for color as well. I'm down to the GRD3 and the X100 at the moment, with the LX5 mostly for backup. I have a bunch of m43 lenses waiting patiently for the new EPL3, but until that shows up in another month or two, its basically these two fixed lens cameras and I'm real happy with just those two.

-Ray

Very nice Sue! I'm really liking this little camera as well. I'm using it for mostly B&W but every now and then some color crawls out of it and, as you're showing, its a very capable camera for color as well. I'm down to the GRD3 and the X100 at the moment, with the LX5 mostly for backup. I have a bunch of m43 lenses waiting patiently for the new EPL3, but until that shows up in another month or two, its basically these two fixed lens cameras and I'm real happy with just those two.

-Ray

I agree, its wonderful for B&W, but its actually really flexible. Its a matter of working out what its strengths are. I prefer to use it, usually, for macros. It does those wonderfully well whether B&W or colour :)

I was very unsure about getting the X100, much as I *wanted* to have it. Getting the GRD has shown me that I *can* use a single focal length, and I can still manage a camera with no image stabilisation/shake reductions/vibration compensation or whatever you want to call it. I confess to preferring to having it, but I am enjoying this camera so much, its stopped being of concern. (Therefore the X100 is in my sights... its tax time, maybe my tax return wont be as sparse as I expect, and I will be able to get it)

arttafe.jpg

Shot this a week or so ago and had forgotten. Its an old building in town which has been long used by the TAFE (technical and further education for those of you not Aussie) arts department.

Tom knows a good thing when he feels it. One of our cats loves that spot too - well, not on your chair of course. He looks perfectly content - very nice close-up, Sue. How old is Tom? He looks as though he's a sweety.

Tom knows a good thing when he feels it. One of our cats loves that spot too - well, not on your chair of course. He looks perfectly content - very nice close-up, Sue. How old is Tom? He looks as though he's a sweety.
He knows which side his bread is buttered on. He came to me as a wild child, 9 years ago, living under the bushes in my backyard. The vet said at the time that he was about 2, and because his teeth and general health were not so good, he also thought he had probably been fending for himself for a good 12-18 months. He's now 11, and a very contented lad.

Back