Rookie
Real Name
Bambang Sutrisno

namesbams

Rookie
Real Name
Bambang Sutrisno
Hi Bambang,

Nice images but I am struggling to understand your logic - you want Fuji to introduce a monochrome camera but you don't like their mono rendition...?

Thanks Bill

Yes i don't like the BW filter from Fuji, but in my logic if they make monochrome specialized camera maybe they can make better BW rendition. Actually i dont really know what i'm wishing for, haha.. Maybe it's just my frustration because i can't afford Leica Monochrome :D

Petach

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Peter Tachauer
I just cannot see the point of a mono camera......period! But we are in a democracy, save up and buy one and see if you end up taking 2 cameras out with you :0)

Ignore me.......I must be a philistine, or I wish I could afford one and nay say it because I cannot.

Actually......the amount I have spent in 2 years on cameras; I could have got one!!!!!

Lawrence A.

Hall of Famer
Real Name
Larry
I love black and white, too; it is why I took up photography.

But about Fuji and monochrome images, I was thinking very much the opposite of you just yesterday when, looking over the black and white images I extracted from my X100 raw files, I thought, "I really should never have sold that camera". And then started thinking about getting another. Processing the raw files in Lightroom and Topaz B&W Effects (Any good b&W converter will undoubtedly do), I was able to get black and white images very much to my liking, with creamy tonal transitions that seemed to me quite specific to the camera. A couple of shots I was pleased with below:

DSCF2676-Edit-X2.jpg

DSCF2416-Editfinal-X2.jpg

namesbams

Rookie
Real Name
Bambang Sutrisno
I just cannot see the point of a mono camera......period! But we are in a democracy, save up and buy one and see if you end up taking 2 cameras out with you :0)

Ignore me.......I must be a philistine, or I wish I could afford one and nay say it because I cannot.

Actually......the amount I have spent in 2 years on cameras; I could have got one!!!!!

Maybe i could afford Leica M or value MF like Pentax 645D if only i had a little patience for saving, but D800, Ricoh GR and Fuji XE1 are too tempting to be ignored that is why i choose to spent rather than saving :D

I love black and white, too; it is why I took up photography.

But about Fuji and monochrome images, I was thinking very much the opposite of you just yesterday when, looking over the black and white images I extracted from my X100 raw files, I thought, "I really should never have sold that camera". And then started thinking about getting another. Processing the raw files in Lightroom and Topaz B&W Effects (Any good b&W converter will undoubtedly do), I was able to get black and white images very much to my liking, with creamy tonal transitions that seemed to me quite specific to the camera. A couple of shots I was pleased with below:

DSCF2676-Edit-X2.jpg

DSCF2416-Editfinal-X2.jpg

nice BW Bill, have you ever tried Silver Efex Pro and Replichrome preset for LR? They are great BW converter in my opinion, i'm sure you should try it :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom