Sony I really don't know what I am doing.....

Lucille

Veteran
I do know how to expose, I shoot in manual, adjust aperature, shutter speed and iso, that came easy, but other then that, I just make sure the image looks good in the lcd screen....

ln-4.jpg

ln-35.jpg

ln-37.jpg

ln-49.jpg

ln-62.jpg

ln-70.jpg

ln-71.jpg

ln-1.jpg

You can only denigrate your own skills for so long while you're putting up work like this (and many in past months). Your license for self-deprecation is dangerously close to it's expiration date! Nice work Lucille!

-Ray

The thing about it Ray, is I don't post much, but I read yours and many others on all of Amins forums, and I realize what little I know about the whole photography gig, and how much room
I have to grow..... I seem to do things most don't or speak out against, such as never shooting in raw, under exposing on purpose, never using a viewfinder, ect.

I just go out and have fun. My best pictures of bands seem to come when I am up close to the group and dancing away with my Rx1, pausing quickly for a shot, then dancing again.. Of course I'll bully my way onstage to 'get the shot'...if need be, and because I have been dancing and bringing life to the party, nobody seems to care..

0909-3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The thing about it Ray, is I don't post much, but I read yours and many others on all of Amins forums, and I realize what little I know about the whole photography gig, and how much room I have to grow..... I seem to do things most don't or speak out against, such as never shooting in raw, under exposing on purpose, never using a viewfinder, ect.

The thing about technical knowledge is it only matters to the extent you need to to get the results you want. If you decide to try something you haven't tried before and you find your current techniques don't get you there, then you'll figure out what you need to do to get it done. You'll make mistakes and learn from them and figure out what you need. But if you don't want to do any different sort of shooting than you're already doing, you don't need to worry about it.

Besides which, you have the most important tool that any photographer could ever want, which is a good eye. Lots of folks with LOADS of technical knowledge never develop a good eye. So, you trust your eye and you get great results and if you ever decide you want to try something that requires more knowledge, you'll figure it out then. But your eye will tell you what you need to know.

-Ray

Dear Lucille,
What a pleasure to see your fantastic photographs.
You really know how to compose and shoot!
We could learn a lot more if you could show us the exif data of your pictures!
Thanks,
Harry

Back