Sigma I simply cherish Sigma DPMs :)

Dear Friends ,
I have been shooting with digital cameras since 1999 and have used different formats and cameras . After years of playing around with different gears , Sigma DPM series is the one which gives me more joy , Simple and straightforward cameras and stunning output . Here is the link to a thread at mu-43.com . All of them have been shot with Sigma DPMs excecpt one with Olympus OMD EM5II .
Cheers
Melbourne,Brisbane and Sydney -Australia

some nice shots there. they leave me somewhat confused because i understood low light photography was the glaring achilles heel of these cameras. might you comment on that?
thanks

As long as it is low ISO, they are good... However sometimes it is very hard to correct the WB when you have 2 different sources of light. My best images with dp1 came with low light. I love the output, but I don't want to carry 3-4 different cameras for each focal length. I even got the SD14 after dp1/1s/2's... Then you need fast lenses or a tripod to keep the iso low... The latest versions of the sensor has some bayer calc's to improve the high iso...

My old shots with dp1 from Montreal:
Montréal, Québec by Serhan

some nice shots there. they leave me somewhat confused because i understood low light photography was the glaring achilles heel of these cameras. might you comment on that?
thanks

My DP2M and DP3M are often used on a Gorilla pod, this solves the ISO issue nicely. I process the RAWs on a MacBook and honestly have never seen any of the issues that people moan about. OK, the processing of RAWs takes two or three seconds but that's hardly long to wait, particularly for the quality results that they produce. I too, love these cameras.

Back