P1310004resized.JPG

Art mode... cool

P1310008resized.JPG

Normal shot

P1310009.JPG

close up

Thanks, comments welcome.
Pete

Wow, Pete! Talk about superb color and quality - those first three are excellent examples. Gosh, sometimes I feel like kicking myself for selling my lenses and EVF... I am really looking forward to seeing more from you and Andy with this camera! Congratulations!!!!:th_salute:

That's really awesome. I know I kinda flaked out on the Oly before, but I'm considering a second body.

I'm considering three options:

1) Second pink GF1 body. Advantages: don't have to admit I have it :) and I know all the controls by heart and have all the accessories I need.
2) Red GF2. Different controls, but some upgrades, too, but I have the accessories.
3) Red EPL2. Different controls, different accessories, but I get IBIS.

You guys and gals crack me up! Hiding the new toys!!! Ok, I have to admit that even though I'm not married, my girlfriend is already giving me grief for all the gear I keep buying. Hope the crackdown doesn't intensify if I ever get hitched! :rolleyes:

@AzPete - Congrats on the EPL2! Those photos look very sharp. Nice colors too!

Woo Hoo another joins the E-PL2 club!!! Excellent stuff and i love the images especially the 1st one, it just goes to prove how brilliant and sharp the 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 II is.

I have just bought a 20mm f1.7 (yes another!) for mine which should be MEGA!

A guy I respect a lot on a different forum has been shooting with the epl2 for a while. I asked him how it compared to the ep2 he'd been shooting with and, knowing we were also both lx5 owners, he offered "its like the best of the ep2 and the LX5" which I consider high praise indeed. He said it maintained all of the best aspects of the ep2 and had the direct and simple feel and reflexes of the LX5. This is great news in its own right and also, to me, raises the expectations for what Oly has up its sleeve with the anticipated ep3, given that the epl2 seems to have made the ep2 all but obsolete...

My dream camera is still an Oly Pen body with the speed of a GF1, the AF speed of a GH2, and the flip up screen of the Nex. Will it ever happen? Probably, eventually, but who knows WHAT else will be available by then...

-Ray

Back