Fuji I was wondering ...

Charzes44

Hall of Famer
Name
Charles
Do any of our Fujifilm users have an XF50mm f2 lens? I would be interested to know your opinion of it, also to see some images. I am contemplating it as a WR alternative to my XF18-55. I already have the 35mm f2. YouTube reviewers are mainly pretty positive, but one reviewer thought it was 'bland'.

I've always felt the 50mm f2 is an excellent lens and highly underrated.
_DSF7212-XL.jpg

_DSF5405-XL.jpg

_DSF7388-XL.jpg

_DSF7362-XL.jpg

_DSF7358-XL.jpg

_DSF7333-2-XL.jpg

_DSF4247%201-XL.jpg

Do any of our Fujifilm users have an XF50mm f2 lens? I would be interested to know your opinion of it, also to see some images. I am contemplating it as a WR alternative to my XF18-55. I already have the 35mm f2. YouTube reviewers are mainly pretty positive, but one reviewer thought it was 'bland'.
What the hell does "bland" mean, Charles?

One could describe my FTs 14-42 ED kit lens as "bland", but I've taken some of the best photos of my long photographic life with that "bland" lens, and its equally "bland" brother, the 40-150 ED other kit lens.

My take. Loves the lens, highly underrated.

Thank you gryphon. And thank you for the link to the review, one I had not previously seen.

Thank you gryphon. And thank you for the link to the review, one I had not previously seen.
That is my site....I try not to use it too often here - don't want people thinking I'm trying to push anything...but sometimes it just makes sense to just share the post, rather than re-type out all that info. :)

I did at one point sell off the 50/2 and got the Fuji 56/1.2 WR. That is one fantastic lens as well, but really is size/weight prohibitive as a carry anywhere lens. Great for portraiture, though. If general shooting is the name of the game - the 50mm f/2 is smaller, lighter and just more practical in every sense.

Last edited:
Back