Critique Wanted Idkwilibid

P.H

Regular
Another in my occasional series of I Don't Know Why I Like It But I Do shots:)
An ex railway tunnel now part of a cycle track footpath. I took a few shots, but this is the only want I like. Time was dusk, ISO set at 80, set to P (Though I played with a few other options) the lighting is sodium, 1 sec shutter and the camera on Gorilla Pod on a fence post. Photo is JEPEG straight from camera, though I do have the RAW to play with. Camera was my one and only LX5:)

6062349761_08cf2d90fe_b.jpg

I's rather have not blown the lights, though don't know what I could have done to avoid it and keep the detail.
All comments appreciated.

Thanks, I may try it in B&W but it's not something I normally go for. I like other peoples B&W stuff, it's just I like my photos to remind me of places I've been and what I saw and thought at the time, B&W or any other radical processing breaks that connection for me.

This is a very polite forum! I think I could learn from some critique, maybe people are too polite to give it, please if you think it could have been better and you know how, I'd like to hear it.
Thanks

"better" for me or better for you - you like it as it is, and it works for you as a photograph for the purpose you want.
If I had come come home and got this image out of my camera, I would have straightened it a tad. As sodium lighting (while horrible to my eye in its original form) makes for excellent monochrome lighting, and so I'd have made it monochrome.
But then it wouldn't have been your image, it would have been mine ...

Back