If money was no object?

Why not get Fuji to develop a digital version of the 6 x 17 :D

Isn't it the same camera? Fuji sold it as GX617 in Asia while Hassie sold it as the X-Pan to the rest of the world

Edit - Wait no, I'm wrong. Fuji's TX1 was the Hassie equiv. which I am confusing with the GX617.

To answer your question, I like the rangefinder stylings of the TX1/X-Pan

I feel like the X-T1 and the lenses I have ARE my money-is-no-object cam setup, though with unlimited dough I'd have every lens they ever make for it too. I do sometimes wish the sensor were full frame, but I you can't put THAT glass on a FF, and I like everything else about the Fujis so much more than the FF Sonys. So my answer is "Fuji would send me 1 of everything else they ever make, including revisions."

I am not sure that I would make different choices. I am pretty happy with what I have right now and overall that tends to describe me at any point with the cameras - the technology.

In short, the kit tends to exceed my capabilitites anyway.

I do change technology from time to time, but it is me that needs the most work - not my kit... so if I had unlimited money, I would spend it less on gear and more on chasing the photos on my bucket list... more on travel, more on "F4 (equivilence) and 'being there'"

All of this might lead to changes in my kit. i do not know if it would, but it seems likely... since this evolution will likely never happen I have no way of knowing what that experience would bring...

it's not because it's THAT expensive, but I'd love to have that little GREEN limited edition GR, but I can not think about paying $900 for a camera that I see so often in the classifieds for around $500 just because I love the color. But if money is no object, give me one of those, too.

Please.

I'm blessed enough to almost have my dream set-up now :)
(Nikon Dƒ & manual glass)

Give me a bit more money & I'll take a Leica M something with lots of Leica glass....:)

I'd have what I have now (Nikon Df, some lenses, RX1, and Coolpix A) plus a full complement of Leica gear and a few more select Zeiss lenses for my Df...

And of course if money was no object I'd have flats in Paris and Positano and Hong Kong and Rio and New York or I'd just be travelling all the time. And maybe I'd hire a Sherpa to haul my gear... The key point is I'd be shooting ALL the time and would never get bored with shooting the same old stuff... :D

-Ray

Hi Ray.. do you have any Leica Cameras now? I kinda misunderstood your response. I suspected you have a full arsenal and tons of Leica gear .. :)

Interested in your point here Lucille. I'm tempted to get an A7s but I am also very tempted to get a RX1r now that the prices have dropped a lot. I had the RX1 and I foolishly sold it when I got my A7 thinking I'd be better with a FE35/2.8. This has proved to be a spectacularly mediocre lens. Can't afford to get an A7s and a RX1r and have not made up my mind but I would like a really good 35mm again and the lens on the RX1 was a real gem, imho.

If money was no object I'd get a 50mpx back and go back to using a Hasselblad V system - and I'd also buy a SWC (again) and adapt it to use a digital back. The Distagon 50mm, for example, is such a freakin' spectacular lens and the SWC is sublime but I am afraid I am done with film and the digital backs for Hasselblads are ridiculously priced.

LouisB

I bought the FE 35MM f/2.8, you call it mediocre, I will one up you, that lens SUCKS. the 35mm on the RX1 kicks it to the curb.... If you love the 35mm focal length, the RX1R is the way to go.... the 55mm FE f/1.8 is stellar and reminds me of the 35mm Zeiss found on the Rx1......

I'd take a digi MF, whichever has the nicest leaf lenses for portraits
And my sony a7s with the 55/1.8 and that 16-35/4 they're supposed to be announcing soon for walk around and low light
And then an a77ii with a 70-400 for sports and wildlife

If I can wacky it up....
I'd demand fuji, olympus, and sony all get together and make me a fixed lens MF mirrorless cameraS with a (equiv to ff terms here) 14/35/50/135 lens using a newly designed 24 mp MF sensor. That should be similar to the a7s for low light I'd imagine, and still be lotsa mega pickles for my crop happiness. Lol
They would all have fuji hybrid vfs, manual controls like an xt1, super crazy old fashioned looking, and have a&a silk cord straps!
Oh, and they'd be super rich brown suede and brushed steel finished
And they'd have good thumb rests built in
And you'd be able to upload Lightroom presets and be able to live view them in camera as a filter!

Oh and they would also connect to my future apple sport watch for use as a live view remote!
Heheheheh

And oly would be in charge of camera operations as they make some speedy cameras!
Fuji would not be allowed to do any software, tho they will have input on processing, verbally... No keyboards for fuji techs! Lol

Oh, and my sony oly fuji fixed lens cameras, they'd be leaf lenses and have ridiculously amazing wireless flash radio control built in

Oh AND apple would design the entire wifi connection and control app for me. Even oly isn't allowed keyboard access on this one!
And... Ummm... There would be some serious computing power and motors for af and tracking. I demand full time AF. I would not allow it to ever look out of focus when my eye is up to the evf! Hehehehe
Or OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

And I want then to ship in custom hand scraped wooden display boxes, and everyone who worked on thst individual camera would have a lil postage stamp pic of them glued inside the lid kinda like an old travel trunk feel, with passport stamps all over
Aaaaaaaaand unlimited and free cloud storage for all photos taken with it. It would have built in LTE AND AUTO UPLOAD IN THE BACKGROUND WITH A DEDICATED (OMG caps. Silly iPad) processor for it

There would also be a ginormous built in rechargeable battery using that fancy battery tech that fully charges in like twenty seconds

Oh and have totally selectable focus points like the gh4 just cause that's so cool I almost want a gh4 just to select random pts for focus!

Back