If you are on Facebook, I wonder if you can do me a small favour...

Lightmancer

Legend
Name
Bill Palmer
It turns out that I have two photos shortlisted in this year's Surrey Adult Learning Photography Competition
1f601.png
- my only qualification is that I go to this august establishment to learn Italian and to brush up on my Tai Chi. The top prize is a voucher that would just about cover another term's worth of teaching!

There's one of mine in the Portrait category and one in Black and White. One might just show a middle-aged man behind some bars, and the other might well be a reflection in a Sicilian moped wing mirror, but I couldn't possibly say...

Voting is now open on the SAL Facebook page – Surrey Adult Learning – where people can vote for the photos by giving them a Like (whatever that is). At the end of the voting period, the winner will be the photo in each category with the most Likes.

The irony is I don't myself "do" Facebook!

See what you think!

You shouldn't even waste your time with "competitions" like this, Bill. Your photos are good enough to win judged competitions. These will always be won by whomever has the most "friends".

And then even if you win......it's such a hollow victory.

They should set them up so that one can not vote for someone who is a contact or friend. But then there wouldn't likely be very many "likes". The world will become a better place when we remove the whole concept of "likes". It's really ruining everything.

Back