If you could choose a famous person to do a potrait shot, who would it be & why?

ijuf

My choice would be Nelson Mandela.

Because he is a person i greatly admire for his contribution towards anti-apartheid and changing society's mindset about freedom, equality and justice.

Leonardo da Vinci.

1. because there are no photographs from the 1400s
2. because it would be interesting to have a discussion with a man with the intellect and imagination he possessed about how cameras work
3. because I've always wanted to check out Florence, Venice and Rome
4. because I've been playing WAY too much Assassin's Creed (a video game set in the Italian renaissance)

Wow, tough question. Hard to pick just one. For whatever reason, I thought of musicians first, and I'd love to do a portrait session with Paul McCartney. There's a guy who has seen so much over so many years.

In a similar vein to Amin, I'd have to say Jagger and Richards, together. It's been done, and done a whole lot better than I could ever do it, but the lines on those faces as they near age 70 after living harder than just about anyone have an awful lot of stories to tell. Two of the more distinctive smiles around too.

-Ray

Someone living...Bruce Springsteen because he's "The Boss".
Anyone...Alexander the Great because I'm guessing he would have looked and acted like a rock star so he would make for some interesting images.

Jimi Hendrix on stage.

Guitar was my childhood escape and mental health therapy. Hendrix was magical, I would love the chance to try and capture that in a photo.

Voltaire, whose fight against fanaticism remains as brave and necessary as ever.

A living person?? That's tough, but probably Sophia Loren, who seems to defy the aging process, who when I saw her on Charlie Rose struck me as a truly sane and decent person, who is the most beautiful person ever, male or female, and who is a goddess.

I would shoot me, because then it means I'm famous. :D Sorry, twisted logic.

But seriously -- I find I'm drawn to experience lines on human faces (is that the right term?), so I'd probably go with someone with a lot of that -- maybe Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Tommy Lee Jones?

GREAT thread!

Buck Brannaman. He's "just" a horseman, but I admire him greatly. And he has a great face and demeanor, I'd love to photograph him.

I'd pick Betty White. She's an amazing actor (and a great person from what I can tell). She has decades of experience posing for the camera and since she's 91 years old I better take the opportunity to photograph that beautiful woman while I can.

Probably Rembrandt van Rijn and a young Audrey Hepburn.

Rembrandt because I love the contrast and the way he plays with light and shadows in his works, which is something I am trying to emulate in my own images, and Audrey Hepburn because when I watch her films during the height of her fame I still find my tongue wagging.

Wow. Some interesting choices guys. Keep it going.

By the way, I would also like to do a potrait of the great boxer Muhammad Ali because he is truly an amazing and inspiring individual.

Interesting thread. My choice would be Jenny McCarthy. She has such an expressive face, and I find her very attractive.

A bit too parochial to our community's particular passion, but Alfred Eisenstaedt or Henri-Cartier Bresson. Both were/are such great inspirations on my photographic journey, HCB for his great street/documentary photography and portraits of artists, Alfred Eisenstaedt for his documentary photos in Life and particularly for a set of beautiful images he took of ballet dancers in practice.

interesting question
I think my list would be pretty long, with music I would love to do retrospective book on the woodstock performers,who is still alive, who is still performing.
But in terms of world figures who are still living, one face stands out to me. I would be intrigued to do Fidel Castro's last portait session

Back