If you could only have 1 camera (inc lens) What would it be?

BB - I'm intrigued.

Yeah me too!!:D

I have been looking about the net regarding the X100s and it does look very good indeed. I have only had a small play with the one at work and it seems no different from the X100 demo we have. Reviews say the IQ is stunning and from test shots and Flickr i can only agree that it's superb.....nicer than a lot of RX1 shots to me!!

E-PM2 and Panasonic 14mm f/2.5. All my other cameras and lenses go before these. Price not a factor in that decision.

Interesting. Is it an IQ and size combo, or do you just flat-out love the P14?

Size, weight, handling, autofocus speed/accuracy, metering, overall performance, touch autofocus, lens character, sensor image quality, etc etc. Plus I prefer a simple lens like the P14 to a collapsing/extending lens like the Coolpix A or Ricoh GR.

My unglamorous choice for one only would have to be my E-M5 with the P14.This rig is small enough for me,I don't want to put my camera in a pocket.The flip up lcd has become a must.Amin has listed all my reasons above.I do love my X100s until I go back to the Oly and hit the shutter button and I'm shocked,yet again, at how fast that thing focuses.

In terms of versatility, my Samsung EX1 is really, really impressive. However, for all its flaws, I'm really starting to love the X100 (and the Samsung isn't short of flaws either!)... I'm pretty sure I can live with the fixed focal length pretty well, and the images coming from the X100, particularly the jpeg colours, the DOF control and the dreamy highlight flare, have me mesmerized sometimes :)

Size, weight, handling, autofocus speed/accuracy, metering, overall performance, touch autofocus, lens character, sensor image quality, etc etc. Plus I prefer a simple lens like the P14 to a collapsing/extending lens like the Coolpix A or Ricoh GR.

I agree on all points save i would make it the p14 and my E-PL2

The X100S would be a good all-around camera ... the OM-D w/P35-100 will give me less keepers than the Fuji ... but what keepers it does deliver will be superior to the Fuji ... so ... the OM-D w/P35-100.

-G-

Back