Film If you could only have one (film) camera for the rest of your life?

If you could only have one camera for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?

• Leica M6

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Leica M5

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Hasselblad 500 C/M (any one of the 500 series)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Hasselblad Xpan

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Widelux (35mm)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Widelux 1500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rolleiflex TLR 2.8

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Any one large format camera (which one?)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Any one SLR (which one?)

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
Loved my Pentax LX

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Pentax LX is a 35 mm single-lens reflex camera produced by Pentax in Japan. It was introduced in 1980 and produced until 2001. The LX uses the K mount which is the Pentax proprietary bayonet lens mount. It has manual and aperture priority automatic exposure modes. It is the top-of-the-line "professional" or "system" camera in the Pentax manual focus range, and has a large range of accessories. Compared with contemporary professional camera bodies from rival manufacturers, like the Canon New F-1 or Nikon F3, the LX body is smaller and lighter, weighing in at 570 grams (20 ounces) with standard FA-1 finder.
Due to the peculiar font used for the Pentax LX logo, the model is sometimes misspelled as ILX.

1655427370931.png

Last edited:
For me, I think it would be a tossup between 2 cameras I have never shot with or owned...but wanted to shoot with for a long, long time.

Either the Nikon 35ti

View attachment 210881

Or its sibling, the Nikon 28ti

View attachment 210882

In fact, just thinking about it....I may have to break down and either get a job or start robbing banks...to acquire one of the aforementioned.
I saw your response when this thread was reactivated and having never seen this particular camera before thought you might get a hmmm from this .

Good Afternoon,

My pick would be the one that has been with me through war and peace, and owes me nothing. I, on the other hand, owe it a good CLA before the winter...:). That young lady was a sweetheart, living in Vientiane Laos and was someone that always brought a smile to my face in the worst of times. She thought the camera was funny looking, but maybe she meant me...

Regards,

Edd

Rollei f2.8-1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Rollei f2.8-2.JPG
LeiAn-1_Nik_DxO.jpg
LeiAn2_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Back