If you suffer from seasickness, best not look

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
The pleasure craft off Brixham were getting bounced around a little this morning. Never mind, if they sank the Torbay lifeboat wasn't too far away https://www.photographerslounge.org...swers-shout-call-out-choppy-conditions-10063/

1060124.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

First out was the Dart Venturer attempting to make the passage around the coast to Dartmouth, about 8-9 nautical miles. There were a few hardy souls on board.

1060155.jpg

Was it a wise idea?

1060161.jpg

Perhaps not. In the distance the Brixham sailing trawler Vigilance

1060133.jpg

The crew took pity on the passengers and returned to port after barely 0.5 mile. When I returned home through Dartmouth I overheard two of the riverboat shore crew complaining that this vessel had not made the passage as they had passenger bookings for it from Dartmouth.

1060142.jpg

Later, the Clipper taking sightseers out for the sailing trawler race showed just how choppy it was.

No cropping of any pictures.

Panasonic GH2 with Olympus 50-200mm, f/2.8-3.5 zoom lens.

Barrie

Oh god Barry I was ill looking at these ! There is no way you would get me out on those seas!! last summer I came back from an island on a very small car ferry it was raining and rough but I had to get off the island I stupidly left my window open while sitiing in the car and a wave came over the side !! - you can guess the rest ! :)

Back