If you were to shoot film on Mother’s Day, which stock?

gryphon1911

Hall of Famer
Name
Andrew
we are planning on having “social distancing correct” Mother’s Day gathering today.
There will be 8 of us total, meeting at my sister in laws garage. 6 foot and masks will be adhered to.
Beyond that, let’s get to the photography question!!
If you were shooting film, which stock would you use?

my plan today is to shoot with the Fuji X cameras and will be using myKodak Portra 400 film simulation for color shots and my Kodak Panatomic x 50 for the monochromes.
Lenses will be the 50/2 and 90/2 mostly...but will probably bring one wider lens just in case.

i like the times of the Portra 400, but might also experiment with the Portra 160 as well.

so what are your go to film stocks for portrait or social events? Looking forward to seeing what everyone else uses.

So just as a heads up, we did not stay long as a severe storm has rolled through. We talked for a bit, exchanged gifts as then headed out. I barely got a couple shots off...and probably nothing share worthy.

However, sometimes it is about maximizing the time you have and not about the other stuff. God willing there will be more time for a prolonged visit next weekend.

Seems that Portra is very popular. Thinking about it, I might give the Fuji Pro 400H a shot as well. I used it once for a historical event and really liked the results.

Thanks for those that participated earlier! Looking forward to seeing any other responses.

Back