Film Showcase Ilford Delta 100

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
Here are a few shots with Ilford Delta 100 taken in Sofia, Bulgaria with my Minolta XD. Starting with a couple of shots of the Museum of Sofia, formerly the city's public bathouse.

Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just across the street is the spot where the hot spring water that used to feed the bathhouse is still being piped up for public use. Every day people stop by here to fill up bottles with the water from the springs.

Fly-posting on an old wall. I think this does a good job of showing up the great tonality and contrast of this film.

Finally, a typical scene on a typical street. A different kind of light from the previous shot but showing the same great tonality.

Very cool, Edd! I find Delta has a very "modern" look, and when I say modern, I mean it feels like 1970's B&W films, when technically excellent photography merged with wide latitude, very detailed films. This shot fits right into that aesthetic in my opinion.

Very cool, Edd! I find Delta has a very "modern" look, and when I say modern, I mean it feels like 1970's B&W films, when technically excellent photography merged with wide latitude, very detailed films. This shot fits right into that aesthetic in my opinion.
Thank you for your kind words Andrew, most appreciated! I had switched over from TMax 100 when the prices from the European supplier more than doubled. I have been trying Arista and Foma films from Freestyle to see if they have any promise in the larger formats (4x5 to 8x10). I do like the Foma roll films (35mm and 120) as they are very cost effective.

Regards,

Edd

Thank you for your kind words Andrew, most appreciated! I had switched over from TMax 100 when the prices from the European supplier more than doubled. I have been trying Arista and Foma films from Freestyle to see if they have any promise in the larger formats (4x5 to 8x10). I do like the Foma roll films (35mm and 120) as they are very cost effective.

Regards,

Edd
Yep, I've slid into a comfortable chair when it comes to Fomapan on 35mm. Each emulsion is quirky in its own way, but offers something unique: 100 looks classic, 200 has texture, grain but high detail, 400 is grainy and contrasty. Aside from experimenting with different stocks, and keeping HP5+ in hand for its versatility in different situations, some Fomapan or other is usually in my camera.

Good Morning,

A couple of photos taken a few weeks ago in Boston (MA) using my Canon 7 film camera and the Canon LTM 35mm f2 lens with Delta 100, with my standard K2 filter up front. Processed with Nik (DxO) software Film Pack.

Regards,

Edd

Kids1_Nik_DxO.jpg
Market3_DxO.jpg
Market1_Nik_DxO.jpg

Hi Andrew,

I had treated myself for my 71st birthday to the entire DxO suite, including PureRaw2 and the Nik and Film Pack add-ons (I use Adobe CC, Canon DPP, and others also). After running the scans, I like to see how they can be enhanced with the pre-sets available within the software; I just like to "play" sometimes with the image rather than be clinical.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Edd

Good Evening,

A scan of Delta 100 in the 120 format from a trip prior to COVID-19 to Germany; this is the Karlsruhe Palace, shot with a Zeiss Icarette III 6.5x11 folder from the 1920's. This was one of my fathers cameras that had been through a complete CLA prior to my trip...worked like a champ!

Regards,

Edd

Karlsruhe Palace.jpg

Back