Film Showcase Ilford Delta 3200

I like the grain in the first two images, very smooth (for 3200). What developer did you use? I've never changed the ISO on the same roll before, I was taught to shoot the entire roll at the same speed (in fact I just attended a film class that emphasized that rule). I like your results, might have to try that myself.

I like the grain in the first two images, very smooth (for 3200). What developer did you use? I've never changed the ISO on the same roll before, I was taught to shoot the entire roll at the same speed (in fact I just attended a film class that emphasized that rule). I like your results, might have to try that myself.

I get my film developed at a local shop called The Lab. I adjusted the ISO in camera depending on light availability and had them developed without push or pull. A lot of people shoot this film at 1600 by the sounds of it.

The grain in the first two images looks very similar to the results I get when I pull this film and develop with TMAX. The other images look similar to when I shoot at 3200 and develop with D-76. I'm surprised by your results.

I get my film developed at a local shop called The Lab. I adjusted the ISO in camera depending on light availability and had them developed without push or pull. A lot of people shoot this film at 1600 by the sounds of it.

That "The Lab" is one good "The Lab". I think you can get much worse results from this film if you don't do it right.

More importantly... that second shot is amazing, brilliant.

I've never changed the ISO on the same roll before, I was taught to shoot the entire roll at the same speed (in fact I just attended a film class that emphasized that rule). I like your results, might have to try that myself.

I missed this comment. Not sure if there's any downside to changing ISO in the same roll of film as long as it is done intentionally. I don't ask The Lab to push/pull. But I make decisions based on what I want to create and light availability. I change Portra 400 and Fuji Pro 400h between 200 and 400 regularly. Seems to work well. But I've never taken any film course. Here's another with the Delta 3200.

23357037481_737ffa8c28_c.jpg
Troll on her back
by Yohan Kim, on Flickr

32998166814_d9c36b2ff8_c.jpg

32998167824_7353a8f9ca_c.jpg

33841413655_e7062a467a_c.jpg

32385414796_f3f3c01c80_c.jpg

33028119923_874b9dc693_c.jpg

32385391916_2d666b097a_c.jpg

Very nice series; I'm quite that you managed to get some nice background (and foreground) blur at daylight with that kind of high-speed film ... long live MF :)

M.

Thanks. It only looks like it was daylight. It was very early in the morning, about 30 minutes after sunrise.

I am not too sure what to think about 3200. It is a nice film but I think I could get better results if I push TriX or TMax to 1600. I am going to give that a shot and then compare contrast and grain.

Back