Film Showcase Ilford FP4+ 125

phigmov

Probably Not Walter Kernow
Olympus OM-1n

00680003.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

00680013.JPG

Having fired up a 20 year old laptop running Windows 2000 and an Epson 1240U Photo flatbed scanner which has a photo scanner attachment I'm renewing acquaintance with my old roll film negatives from a long time ago. They're certainly bringing back some memories, so as well as dusting them off I'm dusting off some of these old threads. It occupies the time.

703.jpg

Mamiya Press with 90mm f/3.5 Mamiya Sekor lens

006.jpg

Voigtlander Bessa 1 6x9 folding roll film camera with 105mm f/3.5 Color Skopar lens.

This West German coaster photographed in 1972 is discharging timber at the yard of Bayley Bartlett, formerly Plymouth and Oreston Timber Company at the quay adjacent to the village of Oreston where I grew up.

Barrie

Question for the B&W film gurus - to minimse a white-out sky do/did people use filters to get more definition to sky/cloud?
Is it the yellow filter that is meant to do this?

I believe yellow does add differentiation to clouds, while orange and red have more effect on blue sky. I haven't used filters a whole lot. A digital workflow with negatives is pretty nice because it allows you to pull down highlights rather easily with B&W film.

Back