Sigma I'm back, this time with a DP3

BruPri

Top Veteran
Name
Bruce J. Pritchard
I was so impressed with MarkMX72's pictures that I decided to add the Sigma to the Leica X2. I'm heading to Florence and Rome next week and hope to use both.
I did buy an extra battery to keep the other two company in the charger and will jump through the necessary hoops to remain a calm and patient DP3 owner. It arrives Wednesday and I hope to be impressed. I will be searching the forum for the relevant threads on settings and workflow.

Your ever humble member
BruPri

You'll love it. My walk around kit is now the RX1 and the DP3M. For the moment I enjoy the challenge of looking for ways to make best use of the DP3m. It has wonderful bokeh at f2.8 and extraordinary detail by f4.

LouisB

First shot with the DP3, some flowers in front of my building. All I need to see, everything else about the camera I can :hail:forgive.

That`s the right attitude. The only cameras I forgive warts and imperfection these days are the Sigma Merrills as their IQ compensates for everything. The rest of the pack has to be perfect in usability as its IQ is no match for the Sigmas anyway, or else it will be sold.

I wanted to say, I've shot bees with every Sony Nex model, an RX1, Canon, Nikon... the Foveon DP3 is unique in that the images are detailed without being overly so. (my poor focusing job might be part of it) that being said, the Sigmas are resolution monsters while still maintaining a relaxed quality about it all.

Back