I'm Back

Steve Noel

In Memorium
Been gone from the old SC forum for a long while. Came back, looking for it, and you folks were gone! But, someone in admin, was thoughtful to add a link, to redirect me here.
I'm the old Steve Noel from KY, Alaska, and other places, I believe I was Snkenai, in those days. But now new location for serious retirement. Heart's mainspring is weak and running down. Very limited activity. Still doing some small wood working projects, occasionally. But the e-m5 has been lazy and inactive. Think I'll dust it off and see what we can find to "shoot", as Spring is rushing in on us here in central KY.
Just want to say howdy, and don't expect too much. I'll mostly just lurk.

Steve

Been gone from the old SC forum for a long while. Came back, looking for it, and you folks were gone! But, someone in admin, was thoughtful to add a link, to redirect me here.
I'm the old Steve Noel from KY, Alaska, and other places, I believe I was Snkenai, in those days. But now new location for serious retirement. Heart's mainspring is weak and running down. Very limited activity. Still doing some small wood working projects, occasionally. But the e-m5 has been lazy and inactive. Think I'll dust it off and see what we can find to "shoot", as Spring is rushing in on us here in central KY.
Just want to say howdy, and don't expect too much. I'll mostly just lurk.

Steve
welcome back, I remember you. Take it easy fellah....long way to go yet so no hurry!

I remember you Steve. Welcome back. I'm one state over in WV. I'm a woodworker myself. Hopefully you'll be able to use that E-M5 to share some pics of your projects.
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Working from my phone. I will try to post this pic detailing the beginning and ending of my photography life. The boxes are for my daughters.

Back to the computer.
A Brownie 620 like the one shone here, got me started around 1960. This one was a gift from a friend. The original was my mother's, and is long gone. Many cameras in between, led me to the E-M5, the nearest digital replacement for my old favorite film cameras, the Olympus OM series. I still use those old lenses. But, the one on the camera is actually a 35mm Pentax.
The boxes are made from recycled wood. Not always clean or straight.

It's not darker stain. It's burn from worn belt sander belt, on the top box. On the bottom one, it's an old wood, of different species.
Ah. Still a nice effect. ;)

PS: Just in case something went wrong and you can't read the PM, the accounts have been merged. If you have problems with the password just let me know.

Back