Fuji I'm in trouble...

Sleep on it for a while... Plenty have fallen in and out of love with the XP1 and you only just got that one

The XT1 is (give or take) quite near the bottom of it's depreciation curve, so no rush

The XT20 is probably at the prime time in its life for being an expensive mistake if you flip it (but someone else's bargain)

If I had to chose for you, I'd keep the XP1 and XT20, that's sort of the best of old and new Fuji X worlds IMO

I agree and is what I'm thinking. For now I'll sleep on it. Let me say that I love all in a different way.

Just thinking....what about selling xt1 and xt20 to fund an xpro2 or xt2?

You're robbing Peter to pay Paul here. What absolute difference between an XT-2 and a XT-20 will make or break your photography? There's practically little difference in these two latest models from a field use perspective. I think you need to stop torturing yourself into a twist here. :)

That depends on your usage. The T2/Pro2 do 1/8000 on the mechanical shutter. They both have the AF point joystick. The T2 has high speed sync for speedlights. The Pro2 and T2 are weather sealed. Both have better screens and viewfinders and better controls. The T2 has the battery grip. So there are differences which will help in shooting. It comes down to whether these differences are going to help each individual's photography work.

The only feature that T2 has over the other that would be of interest for me is the huge vf. How does the xp2 EVF compare with xt2?

I would personally keep the XP1 as it is a superb camera and also keep the XT20 because as other have mentioned it does have the new sensor and better AF than the XT1.

The XT1 still holds a reasonable price on resale / trade in.

Good luck with the decision.

I would personally keep the XP1 as it is a superb camera and also keep the XT20 because as other have mentioned it does have the new sensor and better AF than the XT1.

The XT1 still holds a reasonable price on resale / trade in.

Good luck with the decision.
Thanks

I've never really played with the XPro1, but between the XPro1 / XT1 / XT20 for me, the XPro1 would be the first to go. Fuji does a great job (better than anyone else) at providing firmware feature updates. But between the XPro1 and XT1 are two years and 4 other bodies. That's a good amount of time and several options to make handling and hardware changes. The XPro1 was the first in the line so there may be some sentimental pull and value. But that's what I would do.

Well it's not something rational o scientific. I can only say two things: I love it's colours sooc (I'm a jpeg shooter) and have bonded with it as soon as I got it. Like many people say it just asks you to shoot and it's fun to do.
If I get the XPRO2 I'll still keep it. It's something very subjective but, for me, it has some magic. And I have to say that I'Ve shot with nearly all the brands out there.

A "favorite" camera takes better pictures because your more comfortable with it and I agree keep it.

When I acquired my X-Pro2 I had every intention of keeping my trusty X-Pro1, both as trusted backup and as a dedicated body for infrared use, which I did for a while.

What I found, however, was that I experienced a form of haptic dissonance - although they look similar, the handling is quite different in many small ways and my muscle memory struggled at times. The X-Pro1 sadly had to go.

When I acquired my X-Pro2 I had every intention of keeping my trusty X-Pro1, both as trusted backup and as a dedicated body for infrared use, which I did for a while.

What I found, however, was that I experienced a form of haptic dissonance - although they look similar, the handling is quite different in many small ways and my muscle memory struggled at times. The X-Pro1 sadly had to go.

When I get the Xpro2 I'll proof that for myself and see what happens.

Back