Micro 4/3 Image Comparrison E-P1 & E-PL2

Name
Andy
As requested here are 2 shots of my AC Cobra - I'll have a real one one day!!

Please note these are at different aspect ratios so just look at the Cobra. These have been taken with std in camera settings Jpg Large Fine with no PP at all just re-size in Lightroom.

Lens used: Olympus 14-42 f/3.5-5.6 II for both cameras.

1st: E-P1. 1/60th f/5.6 ISO-640 @26mm
View attachment 32337

2nd: E-PL2. 1/40th f/5.6 ISO-400 @ 26mm
View attachment 32338

Thanks Andy.

Like you said, not much difference. What do you think of the new kit lens? Is it snappy and fast to focus?

Thanks Andy.

Like you said, not much difference. What do you think of the new kit lens? Is it snappy and fast to focus?

YES!! It's superb. It's SO damn sharp!! In decent light i recon it could match the 20mm f/1.7 Pany. I do want a 20mm Pany and will probably get one but for now this new 14-42 will do very well.

What i have decided to do is save up and buy the mother of all rangefinder lenses and that's the Carl Zeiss ZM Biogon in 25mm f2.8. Leica's are way too expensive and these Zeiss lenses are awesome! I'll prob get the 20mm Pany 1st though!

Andy, thank you for these two comparison shots and for your feedback on the new "kit lens". I didn't realize that they'd made a completely new version.

Beautiful car, by the way - I'd choose blue, too.;)

It seems to me that there is just a bit more zing to the second shot. I see slightly different colors reflected in the car and feel as though this second one is catching more details with more clarity. That's the way it looks to me, via my 'puter screen.

It seems to me that there is just a bit more zing to the second shot. I see slightly different colors reflected in the car and feel as though this second one is catching more details with more clarity. That's the way it looks to me, via my 'puter screen.

I agree, the E-PL2 image is slightly better!

Back