Feedback images being cut off at the right

bartjeej

Hall of Famer
I seem to be unable to view full images on PL; about 20% is consistently being cut off on the right hand side. This is true for both images hosted on flickr and images hosted on the PL gallery, and both when using my laptop and when using my tablet. It's only true for horizontally shots, not for vertical ones. I also can't scroll to the right to see the rest of the image.

Am I the only one facing this issue, or is it the same for everyone? I think it started at, or shortly after, the site change.

Yes. I noticed this also. For example on this thread: Restaurant Festival some photo's are cut off (visible because of the border) when in a smaller resolution screen and/or with page zoomed in in my browser (chrome). Currently: 1440x900 and at 125% in browser. Windows 7.

There is no scrolling bar indeed but zooming out in browser or bigger resolution screen helps.

Thanks for the tip, PJacobs! I'm always at 100%, but zooming out to 90% or 75% (depending on how wide the aspect ratio of the image in question is) does allow me to view the entire image.

I'm using Chrome on windows 7, on a 1024x600 screen. The tablet is either Firefox or Chrome on Android, on a Nexus 7 with a 1280x800 screen. Both are using the regular PL display style (so not the high-res or the low-res ones). I just noticed that using the low-res forum style allows me to view the entire image, but it does make the images very small indeed.

I noticed the cut-off-image issue on Chrome on my Android phone (800x480) and tablet (1280x800). Dolphin Browser and Android Browser were ok on both devices.
Chrome on my Windows7 PC was ok (1920x1080)

So it could be a Chrome issue on screens with "lower" resolutions?

Back