Film Images from the Archive

Citrus-Picker-UE-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hasselblad 500 cm w/ 80mm Planar, Tri-X ASA 400 - circa 1970-ish
Citrus Picker on a cold winter morning.
Upland, California

Two from the early 1970's

033.jpg

Voigtlander Bessa 1 6x9 folding roll film camera, Vaskar 105mm f/4.5 lens in a Prontor SV shutter

372.jpg

Mamiya Press with 90mm, f/3.5 Mamiya Sekor in Seikosha-S shutter

Both Ilford FP4, probably in ID 11 developer

Pegasus in the graveyard of St Werburghs church, Wembury, south Devon

Barrie

Polish sail training ship Dar Pomorza

This is the Dar Pomorza, built in Germany in 1909 docking in Plymouth some time in the late 1970's. She was decommissioned in 1982 and has been a floating museum in Gydnia since then.

788-1.jpg

790-1.jpg

These would have been taken with a Mamiya 330f. Paul will see that the tugs are Bristol registered, Cory Towage having taken over the Plymouth civilian tug services from WJ Reynolds in the mid 1970's. Reynolds were the last fleet of coal fired tugs in the UK, so Cory's transferred tugs from elsewhere to replace them.

Barrie

An eclectic mix

164.jpg

Band playing at the show of The Lord Mayor of Plymouth. Some of the younger lads in the band date this to the 1970's by their hair styles

368.jpg

A Dartmoor death

Both are from 6x9 negatives from my Mamiya Press with 90mm, f/3.5 lens

Barrie

Yep. The stump and the salt-glazed flagon are also splendid examples.
Unfortunately finances preclude my adding to the adox for a while yet. So I'll just keep repairing the bellows and enjoy its curious swirly b***h for the time being

Missed this thread back in April. Great idea, and some great stuff posted so far... Here are a few of mine that are digitized. I have some I'd like to have but are either lost or framed and I didn't want to take 'em out of the frames to have scanned. And I lost my negatives a long time ago. Still had slides though and had those scanned a little over a year ago. I'm just gonna put 'em all up now, because I don't have many and no point in dribbling them out..

1981 - Oxford - my Dad (no longer with us) and my niece, who just had her first child in June. One of my favorite photos, and happens to be of two people I love...
View attachment 63394

1981 - Istanbul
View attachment 63395

1981 - Cairo or Istanbul, not certain...
View attachment 63396

1981 - Cairo
View attachment 63397

1971 - I was 12 and took this out of a car window on a family vacation. I grew up in Arizona, but not THIS part of Arizona. Something about this funky old shot I've always liked, despite its very obvious limits
View attachment 63398

Canyon de Chelly, also 1971. A little Canon half-frame camera
View attachment 63399

1981 - Switzerland
View attachment 63400

1981 - Venice
5257637114_091461268a_b.jpg

1981 - Rome
View attachment 63402

1981 - Vatican
5257637188_bf8542bfc8_b.jpg

-Ray

Excellent shots, Ray. That first one of your father and niece is a stunner. The Venice and Rome shots very much remind me of your current work. The Arizona shot with the two cars is just fantastic.

Thanks for sharing.

@ Antonio, exceptional images, I love your clean style and look.

@ Ray, you have the eye of a professional. You should have made a career with with your eyes.

G

Excellent shots, Ray. That first one of your father and niece is a stunner. The Venice and Rome shots very much remind me of your current work. The Arizona shot with the two cars is just fantastic.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Antonio - that Arizona shot always seems like Northern Arizona's poor man's response to the "Cadillac Ranch" in Texas, which was an intentional art installation. I don't believe this was deliberate.

-Ray

Back