Film Images from the Archive

pdh

Legend
The "Image Thread" was started expressly for recent images, but perhaps it would also be nice to have a thread for stuff from "the archives" ... most of the film I exposed over the past 40 years is unavailable to me (it's a bit of a story) but I've found a few rolls from the early years of the century recently which have some pretty images on ... this one's from the
Top eco visitor attraction - rainforest, gardens & educational charity - Eden Project Cornwall UK in 2002 ... I'm very happy with the sharpness and detail in this scan, made with Silverfast8 on a plustek 7600i

6896757456_2b53af69cd_b.jpg

Early Gentian by _loupe, on Flickr

Olympus mju-1, Kodak Gold Ultra 400,

I posted several some weeks ago from a trek in the Himalayas in late 1979, here's a couple of those recycled, I've got a print of one that I would like to post but haven't found the negative yet, I must have another look. In the meantime

Rosie_Kerr.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rosie Kerr, one of my walking companions

Elderly_herdsman-1jpg.jpg

A Himalayan herdsman

Leica M3, Elmar 90mm, f/4, FP4

Barrie

Nice idea. All of these from a trip to Bermuda in July 2007 and scanned at the time of processing -
Contax G2/21mm f2.8 Biogon/Kodachrome
1261597132_0bc5317fff_z.jpg

sunrise-at-the-saltwater-pools by Multiple fragments of tissue, on Flickr
Contax G2/35mm f2.0 Planar/Fuji Reala (this image was used in publicity material for the California Academy of Sciences, a non-profit museum in San Francisco, CA, my first official publication :))
1260751319_cb7bb3a558_z.jpg

hull-repairs by Multiple fragments of tissue, on Flickr
Contax G2/28mm f2.8 Biogon/Fuji Superia 800
View attachment 51807
hammock by Multiple fragments of tissue, on Flickr

Launch tug

This is my second ever photograph, the launch tug Wolsden of W. J. Reynolds Ltd, Torpoint, the tug company for the commercial part of the port of Plymouth.
This is the River Plym about 1 mile from where I grew up, the road crossing into Plymouth from the east with the old railway bridge for the Turnchapel and Yealmpton branch lines. Taken in about 1969 using a Voigtlander Bessa 1 6x9 folding roll film camera, Quite light and, when folded, reasonably compact.

launch_tug.jpg

Barrie

caulking a dhow

Taken in Abu Dhabi in 1976, probably late February. I'd sighted this shipyard from a helicopter as I came ashore from an offshore platform, so I was off round the back streets and byways to seek it out. A fantastic place with all sorts of craft being built with tools, some of which were described 2000 years ago.

caulking_a_dhow.jpg

Leica M3, looks like the 50mm, f/3.5 Elmar, FP4

Barrie

(sorry Paul, flooding this one a bit, but this thread has really got me going, thanks a bundle for starting it)

no need to apologise to me, Barrie ... it's not "my" thread ... :) ... the pleasure of seeing your photographs from that period is immense ... and Dan's Milkweed is a stunna -- wish I could see it printed huge

I clicked through to Flickr for that one JH and encourage others to - there's a great "back story" to this image (which stands beautifully without it of course)

Ready to jump?

Another from Dubai Creek in the spring of 1977. I would hazard a guess that by their form of dress these ladies are from Ethiopia. After all these years I've only just noticed that the boy has lost his left shoe, there already seems to be a lost sandal just visible bottom left hand corner.

ready_to_jump.jpg

Leica M3, FP4

Barrie

You had me hunting through my old scanned images and I found a few more from my Contax G2 days that I thought I'd post.
words.jpg

tulips1.jpg

subway-nmpft.jpg

saltwater_pools.jpg

land_of_hope_and_glory.jpg

I've spent the past couple of weeks scanning family slides from the 1960s and 1970s. Pretty dirty and fungused-up they are too (fungi love colour emulsion if you don't store negatives or slides properly), but as a document, this one is rather an interesting one ...

Back