Feedback Images not showing up in mails

Bart J D

Hall of Famer
Hi,

Not all that important since I visit the forum anyway but since a while, the mails about new post no longer show the images.
I supposed it would get fixed but it still persists.

Images not showing up in mails.jpg

Have you checked your mail program/app/window? Sometimes, if you tighten security, images are no longer displayed (my Gmail account is setup like that).

Other than that, this is something for @Kevin ...

M.
I didn't change anything on security lately, Matt.
But the mails from the forum are indeed addressed to my gmail account.
The mails are picked up with my local Outlook client, together with some other email accounts.
And gmail has surprised me a number of times by marking mails from some senders as spam all on its own so that they never reached me.
I opened gmail directly to check the setting and I got two surprises: the mails Outlook retrieved were still there although the settings of the account in Outlook indicated not to leave a copy on the server.
Second surprise was that the images did show up in the gmail client. As was indicated in the settings from gmail.
I'll switch to another email address here and see what happens.

With the other e-mail address, the effect is the same:
View attachment 237957

In the Outlook client, automatic downloading of images is <On>.
I'm pretty sure it's a local issue on your machine, then - more to the point, with Outlook and/or its settings. The Gmail copies showed the images, so it happens upon retrieval, not upon send (i.e. it's not something the Cameraderie server is causing if you ask me).

The Gmail thing (retaining copies) may be due to the protocol used, but I've all but forgotten the deails. IMAP/POP3? I think you're seeing the default behaviour of using IMAP here. Not that it matters (much) with Gmail ...

M.

I'm pretty sure it's a local issue on your machine, then - more to the point, with Outlook and/or its settings. The Gmail copies showed the images, so it happens upon retrieval, not upon send (i.e. it's not something the Cameraderie server is causing if you ask me).

The Gmail thing (retaining copies) may be due to the protocol used, but I've all but forgotten the deails. IMAP/POP3? I think you're seeing the default behaviour of using IMAP here. Not that it matters (much) with Gmail ...

M.
Agreed.
It looks to be on my end.
On the other hand, this is the only forum I visit where this happens.

I sorted out the remaining of the messages on the gmail server: there is a setting that probably overrules the setting of the local client.
I set it to <Off> as well.

Hey, guys... I think this is related to an issue with lazy loading images here in the forums. 🤔 I've brought it up with the addon creator before but will check out again.
Thanks, Kevin.

Some more data: from the last 6 mails - all announcing posts by Matt coincidentally - 2 had the image showing up and 4 not.

Back