News images of Pentax K-01

krugorg

All-Pro
Name
Kyle Krug
K01_ST120.jpg

Gallery: Pentax K-01 mirrorless camera (rumored photos) | The Verge

I am guessing this look is going to be polarizing? It works fine for me, looks utilitarian, imo, but I am wondering how large it is compared to the competition.

This design is not my thing, but I'm more concerned by the specs. Looks awfully close to a small DSLR without the advantage of an OVF or PDAF autofocus. I hope I'm wrong, but I really can't see much point in this camera, apart maybe for people who already own Pentax gear (but then I'm not sure why they would switch to this camera, apart from the novelty factor).

The only appearance that matters is the appearance of the photos it takes.

As the owner of 28mm, 35mm and 50mm Pentax primes, this will be pretty interesting IF its price comes in well under a K-5 but offers K-5 type performance.

Interesting. If this is THE real camera, I'm guessing that it's somewhat thinner than a K-5. Hence the column looking thing underneath the control dial. NO EVF on it? If there's no EVF, there's no reason to keep the hump then.

I hope the Oly OMD1 looks better!

I like the looks in terms of design, but I really don't see the point in making a CSC if you're just gonna keep the same lens mount, because then the flange back distance will still be that of a DSLR, meaning it's always gonna remain thick, defeating the whole USP of a CSC. The only thing you could sensibly remove is the VF hump...

Don't much like the look of that. Whats with the red and green buttons that look just like they have been photoshopped in. Pentax design has always been better than that. I'm not sure I see the point of it, really, if the body is going to be almost as big as the DSLR range.

Back