Images of the Olympus E-M5 (OM-D) Leaked

In the good old days the battery grip was actually a motor drive. I think this one is being made more to hark back to the look of old OM cameras rather than being necessary. The other grip is a very practical addition though.

I recall that Canon had two grades of drive: the large, pro-style "motor drive" and the smaller, less able "winder.". I had the latter for my A1, I recall.

According to Photorumors, there's no built-in flash, and fastest shutter speed is 1/4000.

They also have a shot with 3 OM-D's and a lot of Olympus accessories and lenses that can be used on it, looks official. The silver version is like the one on the first page of this thread, only with a black lens release button.

I still wonder what's in the hump though!

photo and more specs:
Olympus OM-D E-M5 specs and accessories | Photo Rumors

That photo in that photorumors post really shows how pronounced the thumb-grip on the back of the camera is. And it's also pretty clear that with a small lens on the camera, this is gonna be a pretty compact setup and useful for a lot of shooting. When the EP-3 and EPL-3 showed up, it seemed like a LOT of us were asking 'why not combine the OLED touch screen with the flip up screen in the top mode? - and toss in a built-in evf while you're at it". Well, we've gotten our wish and with a better sensor as well. The only thing I'd change about this camera (at least based on what I know of it now) is the pronounced hump and center mounted EVF, but I can easily live with that with all of the boxes of my preferred features this camera seems ready to check off. I'm selling some stuff to budget for this body. I may sell the EPL3 too, but not until I have this and see how discrete a street shooter it can be. But if its as compact as I think (more or less the size of the EP-3 plus the hump), the EPL3 will probably be for sale shortly after.

-Ray

I think it looks absolutely wonderful and it looks good in both black and silver. If pressed I would buy the silver one. I seriously think that I will get one but not for quite a while. At least I'll get to play with it at work lots. (y)

I think it looks absolutely wonderful and it looks good in both black and silver. If pressed I would buy the silver one. I seriously think that I will get one but not for quite a while. At least I'll get to play with it at work lots. (y)

Black for me. And the new lenses look sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Gordon

Silver here. I've already got all of the m43 lenses I have any interest in. If this is available body-only early, I'm sure I'll get just the body. But I'm sort of intrigued by the new kit lens - I might use a 12-50 more than the 14-42 that's come with every other m43 lately. I don't know if the quality is any better and I'm not terribly concerned about weather sealing, but the extra range, particularly at the wide end, might make me actually USE that lens sometimes. I don't remember the last time I've had a 14-42 kit lens on one of my cameras. I probably won't choose to buy this one, but if I have to get it to get a camera, it might actually see some use.

-Ray

Not sure if y'all have seen this but it's the first photo from my newest Flickr contact.

This one points on two new lenses, got it from 43rumors

om-dlenses.jpg

Back