Images taken inside places of Religion

A few with E-PL1

Not strictly "inside": above the leftmost entrance of St.Mark in Venice, the arrival of his body taken from Alexandria. Above in the mosaic, you can see the four horses "borrowed" from Costantinople in 1204...

EPL1 with M.Zuiko 14-42

Pre-production wall drawing, Firenze.

EPL1 with 16mm Cosmicar C-mount

EPL1 with 16mm Cosmicar C-mount

S.bartolomeo nel Pantano, Pistoia

EPL1 with M.Zuiko 14-42

Click to enlarge!

Ray, if you wouldn't mind editing to let us know which camera you were using...no doubt it's a PEN. Of course, I can click on it and see it's an E-P2.:D
Actually, 3 of the 4 were taken with the epl1, with the 9-18, all at 9mm I believe. The exif reads ep2 because of the workaround I used to do to get epl1 files into Aperture by fooling the program into thinking they were ep2 files. This was before Aperture was reading epl1 files. The one with the organ pipes was with the ep2 and the 20mm.

-Ray

Pictor, you have to give me the location and artist - stunning shot of this scene!

This picture is taken in the Minoritenkiche in Linz (Austria), which is a small, but very beautiful church. It was originally built during the 1200s in the early Gothic style. The interior of the church as it can be seen today is from late Baroque (Rococo). I don't know the artist of this pietà. It is a very beautiful piece of art, but not the greatest masterpiece, which is the high altar by Bartolomeo Altomonte:

20100731_153736.jpg

Olympus E-PL1, 9mm @ f/4.0, 1/20, ISO 400

Next time, I'm going to have a camera that won't blow out the windows....

Where I really wanted a faster lens? The Aya Sofya, also in Istanbul. It was the largest cathedral in Christendom for nearly a thousand years, and then a mosque for nearly five centuries. It became a museum in 1935.

Most of my shots didn't turn out. I have some that are more interesting than this one, but none that show the scale of the place, especially given the extensive scaffolding in the center....

IMG_1240.JPG

Here's a detail:

IMG_1291.JPG

Thanks Bill for starting this thread.
Wow, great images ! I really must post a few images of nearby churches shot recently. Before taking pictures I always ask permission.
My images will be posted soon.

Outside of church

P10208991.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back