Samsung Imaging Resource has a production model NX1 in house finally

I think that IR's camparometer suffers from shooting a three dimensional scene as opposed to two dimensional. DPReview also had the same issue until they "flattened" their studio scene. For example, these screenshots below are from an ISO 100 comparison between the NX1 and the NX3000 and indicate to me that the NX3000 was focused further forwards than was the NX1.

NX1vxNX30001_zps1ae145e2.jpg

As a result the NX3000 seems to be sharper at the front of the scene,

NX1vxNX30002_zpsddcd0291.jpg

whereas the NX1 is picking up more details towards the rear of the scene

NX1vxNX30003_zpsb3585d93.jpg

Since almost every "test" is fatally flawed, in one way or another - usually by dint of being conducted illogically or inconsistently and on a sample size of, er, one, I far prefer to read a "review" by someone whom I have learned over time, thinks like me, has a workflow similar to mine, has the same expectations to me, has the same belief system as me. likes French jazz like me, has the same background as me, is the same height and weight as me, and who shares my birthday, etc etc...

Since that person doesn't exist, I am left with two alternatives - read the reviews of others who are at least consistent in their approach over time and whose impressions (not "results", please note) can be extrapolated from - and buy the thing and try it myself. Since I am not always in the position to do the former, I do the latter.

It's a bit like film and theatre critics - once you know what they like, you know what to go to see or not. There used to be one, I forget his name, whose tastes were diametrically opposed to mine; I knew if he hated something I would most likely enjoy it, and vice versa. This approach saved me from Cats, Miss Saigon and Phantom of the Opera...

Back