Sigma Impressed by Sigma DP Merrill(s)

Have they finally got them in stock then?..I know a few people that have ordered from them only to be told expecting stock a week later..they seem to be struggling to get them.I got both my merrills from Park Cameras,fantastic service fast delivery and they will price match clifton.
I had an email confirming that they'll give me a tracking number on dispatch and my money has been taken.
No word of any supply problem.

Edit: You're right. Supplies due next week.

Yeah thats what the other guys got but they didnt have them in stock but still took payment.Hopefully they may have some stock now.

I will remember that! Mine is on the order list. I agree with you on the aperture in "macro" shots. Shooting macro with 1.4 or 1.8 works in very special situations only. But I can understand why someone would want it for portraits.
I plan to use it for close-up shots mainly so I don't mind either.

The DP3 is a very special camera. I'd actually say, unique.

The 50mm (70mm equiv) lens is an absolute beauty but it is a difficult camera to work with for macro type work. Or to put it another way you get out of it what you put into it. However, the fun of the camera is the challenge of using the focal length in interesting ways.

I have never missed not having a wider aperture with either the DP2M (which I rarely shoot below f4 or above f8) or the DP3M (which creates dreamy bokeh even at larger apertures).

LouisB

Nippa I wouldn't hold your breath they have been saying that for a few weeks. I would cancel and use park cameras if I were you

Just off the phone to Clifton who were quite frank about delivery so I asked for my money back. ( refunded immediately )
Followed your suggestion and bought at Park...thanks :)

I have been weak !:dash2: I've just ordered a DP3 from park too.
I had a little apprehension regarding the raw development . But I checked out Irident Developer, Downloaded it and will check it out against Sigmas offering.
I tried Irident last night on some Nikon raw's just to get a feel for it. I liked it too. Not overly expensive either at £50.

I have been weak !:dash2: I've just ordered a DP3 from park too.
I had a little apprehension regarding the raw development . But I checked out Irident Developer, Downloaded it and will check it out against Sigmas offering.
I tried Irident last night on some Nikon raw's just to get a feel for it. I liked it too. Not overly expensive either at £50.

I got some DP3 RAW files from a website then used Sigma Photo Pro 5 ( free download ) to convert to 16 bit Tiffs having done nothing else with them.
I then ran the Tiffs through PhotoNinja and you should see what it did with those images. Amazing detail!
Then I ran them through LR5 ..not bad at all.
I wish Iridient ran on a PC , from what I've seen of Iridient £50 seems like a good deal and better value than PN.

Nippa I wouldn't hold your breath they have been saying that for a few weeks. I would cancel and use park cameras if I were you

Have to say I phone Clifton Camera's on the Monday last week, they were expecting a consignment from Sigma that week. I phoned Friday lunch time and they had arrived. Ordered online and postage free it arrived 9am Saturday morning. Could not have been more pleased.
I am aware we all have problems whoever we deal with from time to time.
Loving the addition of the DP2 to complement the DP3 I've had for while.

Having been impressed by the DP2M I bought a couple of weeks ago, I'm on my way to Merchant City Cameras in Glasgow to pick up a DP1M for £339.

It's too good a deal to miss out on :)

Have to say I phone Clifton Camera's on the Monday last week, they were expecting a consignment from Sigma that week. I phoned Friday lunch time and they had arrived. Ordered online and postage free it arrived 9am Saturday morning. Could not have been more pleased.
I am aware we all have problems whoever we deal with from time to time.
Loving the addition of the DP2 to complement the DP3 I've had for while.
Totally agree but they have been telling people,myself included,for some time that they are due in "next week" only to never have any stock.they also happily take payment then inform you its not available at that time.

Back