Fuji Improvement for exposure-compensation scale display in EVF

Marco Debiasi

Dear Rico,

I have a suggestion to pass to Fujifilm for an improvement of the X-E1 which should be easy to implement via firmware. Specifically, that the exposure compensation scale in the EVF is displayed in any mode other than manual only if the corresponding dial is not set to zero. There are two good reasons for this: 1 – when no exposure compensation is used the corresponding scale is useless and it just takes away for no reason a good portion of the framed image; 2 – when the exposure compensation is in use, the scale would also work as a reminder of it (which is particularly welcome since several users tend to inadvertently move the corresponding dial). Of course, in manual mode the exposure compensation scale will be always visible to guide the setting of the exposure.
I think this improvement would make using the camera more practical and it should be easy to include it in a future firmware update.
Do you know if Fujifilm has a suggestion mailbox to which this can be addressed?

Thanks and best regards.

Yep, the X-S1 works like this, so I am sure Fuji knows about it and may implement it in future models. I recommended it almost a year ago and repeated it a few months ago. In the current implementation, I'd also like to see some color (like yellow) when there's any active correction. The tiny white dot is too easily overlooked.

Rico, thank you for your feedback. Indeed using a different bright color for the dot would be a really nice touch. However, based on your reply, it looks we will have to wait for a X-Pro2 and X-E2 to see this improvement implemented. Since it is a minor one not involving anything in the sensor architecture or else, I was hoping Fujifilm would make it available for the current cameras as well.

Well, your last reply rekindles some hope that Fuji will make this improvement available as part of a future firmware as soon as they have figured out how to make it work for cameras with a dedicated compensation dial.
Is there any way we can put a little more pressure on Fuji about this? As explained in my original post, I would be glad to write to them if they have a dedicated mailbox for suggestions. If they start receiving a large number of such request, they may feel it is important to do something about it. Thanks.

Back