In a mist

Bill Allsopp

Rookie
Name
Bill Allsopp
On Sunday morning I went out with my camera in high hopes of clear skies and a fine sunrise but my intended location on the border with Nottinghamshire was covered in a thick bank of cloud. I turned the van round and headed off towards the Warwickshire border with another location in mind but a few miles short, at Orton on the Hill, The fields were covered in mist and the tree tops were poking through. I stopped with the intention of making a picture when suddenly the sun broke though a hole in the clouds. In only a few minutes the cloud cover was complete and the day went downhill but a panorama was in the bag. Now it could rain.

The three photos show the very thick mist I started out with, how it began to clear and the final pano. The whole sequence is perhaps ten minutes.

billa20160918010.jpg

billa20160918014.jpg

billa20160918019-Pano-edit2.jpg

Nice shots Bill and No.3 is my favourite, shame about the long shadows but that is nature - It would be interesting to see a B&W version cropped (if image space permits) just above the main foreground shadows so the focus lands on the small tree on the right that would be in the foreground then moves to the others in the mist - a minimalist style. Just a thought and something I would be tempted to try if my image.

Back