Fuji In need of advice... E-M5/E-M1 vs X-T1 vs A7.

That's easy Ray - m43 is a more mature system with more cameras and lenses available. If you purchased all the m43 cameras and lenses and all the Fuji cameras and lenses the m43 'kit' would cost more ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's easy Ray - m43 is a more mature system with more cameras and lenses available. If you purchased all the m43 cameras and lenses and all the Fuji cameras and lenses the m43 'kit' would cost more ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was what I was sort of allowing for in the first line of that last post. I guess it was a joke, but just subtle enough that I couldn't be sure... ;)

-Ray

Ray...your price breakdowns are accurate.

But. Every time I price out a Fuji X-T kit and and a EM1 kit, the Fuji ends up being quite a bit cheaper. So I made my comment based on it. What I didn't realize was that I always include three flashes with the Oly kit and don't with the Fuji ('cause sadly Fuji doesn't offer a nice flash). I've amended my comment accordingly.

Thanks for all your advice... I ended up buying a Fuji. I just hope that a slower shutter speed and lack of touchscreen won't impede my willingness to take pictures ;)

I've been fooling around with Photo Ninja and I clearly prefer its demozaicising of Xtrans files to Lightroom. For me the difference can be dramatic. I also threw some old Leica X1 raw into it and was pleasantly surprised at how much more detail was extracted from those files. To me it is noticeable at 50% which is usually my standard for judging these things, not dramatically noticeable, and not enough that I'm tempted to redo a lot of previous work.

But I'l probably be putting my Xtrans and Leica files into PN. I haven't tested the Olympus files, but have never had any complaints about what LR gives me from them.

Back