Fuji In the coffee shop today

I think when the pictures were taken the intent was not to compose an image that was going to be entered into a photo contest. It was merely to please the person taking the photograph and to capture something they was interesting and to serve as a staring point to taking images with their new camera. I think you are off to a good start and I like the images. Comparing the X100 to a higher end Leica has been perpetuated not by the vast majority of the X100 owners but by a few observers/owners/bloggers who have for whatever reason tried to connect the two. I think that the X100 can stand on its own merits and should be judged on that basis alone. Despite all the slight interface blemishes and what could have been done better issues, I just find the X100 to be a very competent and fun camera to shoot with albeit a little on the high end price-wise for many. Looking forward to more of your images.

You didn't upset me Bugleone, I think you just went on a tangent when all I was after was comments on weather or not I had settings right. That's what CC means. Not telling someone about a great photographer and read to learn how they did it and what their photos mean.

Like I said, I don't expect anyone to look at my photos and find meaning in them, I take them because I like to. That's all. there is no specialty there.

I took them in Film mode black and white, so no colour rendition exists :-( I will try to take them again when I go to that coffee shop, Look out for lots of photos! lol

And thanks Don and others for your encouragement, it really helps a lot :)

Thats ok.

When I see a picture of coffee/latte, I think about the color. Does the X100 have a way for bracketing film modes? I don't know anything about the camera.

I don't remember having tried bw shots straight from the X100, but I have to say I like what you have produced. I'd have preferred if you had caught all of the man on the left within the shot. This is my only criticism but I see lots of potential in that shot.

Thats ok.

When I see a picture of coffee/latte, I think about the color. Does the X100 have a way for bracketing film modes? I don't know anything about the camera.

Yes, you can bracket film modes - and develop from raw in camera to whatever style you wish.

Cheers

Brian

Back