in West Penwith

thank you Amin (and Briar and the others) ... these are just holiday snaps really, but with a touch of the visual diary too ...

No, Lamorna is basically a car-park and a rather unphotogenic one at that ... I'm not Barrie ... you're thinking of grebeman ...

I'm so sorry to get your name mixed up,...please forgive me.

Shame you have no shots of Lamorna,...the giant cyclamen should be in a profusion of growth over half of the valley now, and in both of the quarries where I used to practice on my cornet. I was wondering if the secret garden is still behind the old mill,...and if the giant lillies are still there. Does the stream still burble thru the wood along the bottom of the valley? Is the 'Wink' tavern still as it was with it's fantastic shipping memorabilia?....Is the giant block of grantite prepared for the 1851 Great Exhibition still there wedged in the cove,..we used to use it for a table in the summers..... Do the bulbs still blossom in wild array all over the valley?

Looks to me as though you were in or still are in a very interesting and beautiful place - with a gorgeous coastline! Great colors...but that All Knowing Eye is a bit scary!:eek:

Back