Fuji Inconsistent exposure on x100

SimpleGus

Regular
Sometimes a scene get way overexposed no matter what metering mode I'm in. And I noticed this outdoors.. I guess this is another good reason to shot raw...

I know how to exposure properly but this gem tricks me from time to time

Is it my fault or known issue? Ways to workaround?

Sab is already fixed... By previously owner...

It could be me, I'm not sure yet, have just owned it for a bit over a month.
But it could also be the known fact that he x100 is struggling with direct sun light and the scene gets overlit

I've noticed that the lens has a tendency to flare quite badly in bright sunlight. Giving images a hazy look. It's much discussed on various forums. It's perhaps even worse at this time of year where I live as the sun is low in the sky. I wonder if this is what you're seeing?

Sab is already fixed... By previously owner...

It could be me, I'm not sure yet, have just owned it for a bit over a month.
But it could also be the known fact that he x100 is struggling with direct sun light and the scene gets overlit

Overexposure should only be a problem if you exceed the camera's shooting parameters. Like choosing f/2 and shooting into the sun, ignoring that the maximum shutter speed is 1/1000s in this setting. Of course, the camera will give you an overexposure warning in this case, which will also be written into the EXIF file. Obviously, images taken with overexposure warnings tend to be overexposed.

Drastic overexposure w/o a warning is typically SAB.

If you share some images here with EXIF info available, people can more easily help you find out if it is user error or something wrong with the camera.

Yeah I will give u that info if I'm continuing to get this results... Just wanted to see if there was an known issue...
I come back later on after more usage...

Late post, but…
Same problem with overexposure and not SAB. The camera meters 1/20, f8, iso200, in bright sun. Crazy overexposure. (App priority)
What's stranger, it ups the ante in manual focus and tries to convert every photo into a snowy wasteland.

Back