Industrial Photography

Good Morning,

A professional day at school (no students) to catch up on repairs, purchase orders and prepping for the state SkillsUSA contests; got our sights clearly on the Nationals again this year. Some images of the completed Tormach 770M CNC machining center. Using wood test blocks to do the initial proofing of machine commands (G & M codes) and software/firmware updates. No "Magic Smoke" so far...aluminum billets next assuming they come in by the end of the month. Shot on my trusty Canon 5D Mk II with my new-to-me Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 28-85mm f3.3-4 MMJ (MF) lens (note: the EXIF lens data is incorrect; using a pre-programmed mount adapter that has a very limited functionality).

Regards,

Edd

TM-1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
TM-2.JPG
TM-3.JPG

Last edited:
Yea, I know, right? Too bad we didn't save the crates and pallets; we could have made cutting boards with them...:drinks:
Good Afternnoon,

Getting ready for the RI State SkillsUSA Urban Search & Rescue contest. I have three teams of two entered this year, all textbook smart...:(. I hope that the "baptism in fire" will inspire them (made them practice on our course until 9:30 PM last night) and that my critique (severe) of their engineering journals will remind them that engineers need to be street-smart and on-the-fly problem solvers. We won all the medals in the state Robot and Automation Technology contest on Tuesday, so I have at least one team heading to Nationals again this year...fingers crossed for USAR!

Also, my new Canon R6 Mark II arrived this morning at school...so far so good!

Regards,

Edd

R6II-1.JPG
R6II-2.JPG
R6II-3.JPG
R6II-4.JPG

Good Afternnoon,

Getting ready for the RI State SkillsUSA Urban Search & Rescue contest. I have three teams of two entered this year, all textbook smart...:(. I hope that the "baptism in fire" will inspire them (made them practice on our course until 9:30 PM last night) and that my critique (severe) of their engineering journals will remind them that engineers need to be street-smart and on-the-fly problem solvers. We won all the medals in the state Robot and Automation Technology contest on Tuesday, so I have at least one team heading to Nationals again this year...fingers crossed for USAR!

Also, my new Canon R6 Mark II arrived this morning at school...so far so good!

Regards,

Edd

View attachment 374377View attachment 374378View attachment 374379View attachment 374380
And best wishes for your team, Edd.

Good Evening,

Three of my student teams competed yesterday in the RI State SkillsUSA Urban Search & Rescue Contest against 18 other teams from around the state. From what I could see during our schools two-part teleoperated runs (robots guided via video link as seen on monitor - no operator direct/indirect visual contact), we did really well. Two out of the three teams recovered the randomly placed targets (simulated IED's), one team ran the clock out only finding one. Out of 1000 possible points, this 6 minute "hunt" and the 3 minute obstacle course total 500 of the possible points. The rest comes from the robot inspection, team presentation to three professional engineers (one of them is from the RI Bomb Squad), and their engineering journal/notebook (the living legal document). I'm sure we got medals, just hoping that the students pushed it to the top of the mountain for the gold...

These are frame-grabs from one of the videos shot on my new R6 Mark II with the 24-70 f2.8 up front.

Regards,

Edd

1L1A0012_1177.JPG
1L1A0012_1474.JPG
1L1A0012_1781.JPG
1L1A0012_2228.JPG
1L1A0012_2303.JPG
1L1A0012_3618.JPG
1L1A0012_5641.JPG

Last edited:
52774847593_14f4831ce4_h.jpg

Harvest Past by Andrew Priest, on Flickr

CBH Group’s Kondinin grain retrieval point. A quiet operating site in September as the harvest is yet to begin. I suspect that trains would still be visiting to remove last year’s harvest in preparation for the new season’s offerings.

Holland Track by Fatbike – September 2016 - #Holland 45

Back